Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $5,00
      BB:
      $10,48

0,02/0,04 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:club: , 7:club:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0,16, BB raises to $0,28, Hero calls $0,12.

Flop: ($0,56) A:spade: , 4:club: , Q:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $0,54, Hero raises to $1,62, BB raises to $10,20 (All-In), Hero calls $3,10 (All-In).

Turn: ($15,48) 4:diamond:
      River: ($15,48) K:heart: (2 players)

Final Pot: $15,48

Opponent was unknown. Was it okey to play this hand like I did?
  • 2 replies
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Biggest decision is probably what to do against the 3bet preflop, since you'll often get into trouble by playing those marginal hands out of position especially if the opponent was unknown at the time. I'd just fold to the small 3bet.

Once you call and check the flop, he bets pot into you which means if you raise and he doesn't fold your top pair is probably no good and you're a underdog with about 10 outs. Since i doubt you have any fold equity against better hands i'd probably just c/c to keep the few hands i'm ahead of in the pot.

It's certainly harder to play than raise/calling because TPNK is marginal but it's exactly because of that that you should have a read on your opponent before you start to defend low Axs out of position. You should generally only do so when you expect your opponent to be 3betting so much crap that you're confident enough to make a calldown when you hit TPNK, or know enough about his postflop play to safely fold when he follows through on the turn because you think he's rarely bluffing twice.

Hope it helps.
    • randompkr
      randompkr
      Bronze
      Thanks, although this time he had KQo.