MP: $25.17
      CO: $14.31
      BTN: $29.94
      Hero (SB): $25.10
      BB: $38.47
      UTG: $26.74

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is SB with A :heart: Q :club:
      3 folds, BTN raises to $1, Hero raises to $3.50, 1 fold, BTN calls $2.50

Flop: ($7.25) 8 :heart: 3 :club: 7 :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $4, BTN calls $4

Turn: ($15.25) K :heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $6.25, Hero folds

Can I fire again on the turn? I wanted to do so, because I doubt he calls me on the flop with AK (maybe from time to time), AA and KK are not that likely since I guess he raises them preflop and he shold fold TT-QQ probably. Am I right?
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I think you can forget AK, most tags got a hang of the whole BUvsBlinds dynamics and will 4bet it preflop 100% by now.

The turn is likely a good barreling spot against an average tag since his range mostly consists of 1 pair hands to which a K is an overcard and you play fits TPTK+ hands. Just ask yourself what you'd bet with AK to get value and bet/fold that.

You obviously don't have to if you don't feel like it, but it's usually good for metagame even if you get caught against tags you often see at your tables. They're able to fold smaller pairs and they'll know for the future that when you 3bet in a steal situation you get make their life a nightmare postflop by firing twice, which will help you get paid off when you do actually have a hand.

Hope it helps.