This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL25 ATs vs fish

• radyan111
      radyan111
      Bronze
      Villain is a big fish - plays 70/0 with AF 0.7, typical calling station
      He's able to call me on the flop with pure air (J-high or Q-high), but I didn't know that when the hand was played.

Party Poker $25 No Limit Hold'em - 4 players - View hand 290164
      The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

SB: $21.55
      Hero (BB): $25.35
      CO: $34.26
      BTN: $27.09

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is BB with A :diamond: T :diamond:
      CO calls $0.25, 2 folds, Hero raises to $1.25, CO calls $1

Flop: ($2.60) 5 :diamond: 2 :heart: 8 :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.60, CO calls $1.60

Turn: ($5.80) 4 :spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $4.20, CO calls $4.20

River: ($14.20) 4 :club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks

My question is - do I have sufficient equity on the turn to bet?
      Equilator shows that on the flop I have 55% equity against J2 of clubs - a hand that he was holding as it turned out. On the turn it's just 38%, so I'm better off check/folding if I don't give myself any fold equity? On the other hand I'm pretty much sure I'll get another street of value from him if I hit anything on the river.
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I usually make it 1bb more preflop but no big deal. Flop is fine obviously.

On the turn, you didn't know at the time that he was a huge calling station, or just that he could float J-high on the flop? I seriously doubt you have any real fold equity tho i do see the benefits in bloating the pot with likely 15 outs. If you don't want to give away the initiative I'd suggest some middle ground, like betting a bit less to give yourself a better price on your bluff while still bloating the pot for the times you do improve, at least until that guy proves that he can fold something.

You can also c/c or c/f according to price you're getting, since a somewhat passive player betting likely means you'd get paid off if you hit one of your outs.

Hope it helps.