[NL20-NL50] NL25 ATs vs fish

• radyan111
      Villain is a big fish - plays 70/0 with AF 0.7, typical calling station
      He's able to call me on the flop with pure air (J-high or Q-high), but I didn't know that when the hand was played.

Party Poker $25 No Limit Hold'em - 4 players - View hand 290164
      The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

SB: $21.55
      Hero (BB): $25.35
      CO: $34.26
      BTN: $27.09

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is BB with A :diamond: T :diamond:
      CO calls $0.25, 2 folds, Hero raises to $1.25, CO calls $1

Flop: ($2.60) 5 :diamond: 2 :heart: 8 :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.60, CO calls $1.60

Turn: ($5.80) 4 :spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $4.20, CO calls $4.20

River: ($14.20) 4 :club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks

My question is - do I have sufficient equity on the turn to bet?
      Equilator shows that on the flop I have 55% equity against J2 of clubs - a hand that he was holding as it turned out. On the turn it's just 38%, so I'm better off check/folding if I don't give myself any fold equity? On the other hand I'm pretty much sure I'll get another street of value from him if I hit anything on the river.
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg

I usually make it 1bb more preflop but no big deal. Flop is fine obviously.

On the turn, you didn't know at the time that he was a huge calling station, or just that he could float J-high on the flop? I seriously doubt you have any real fold equity tho i do see the benefits in bloating the pot with likely 15 outs. If you don't want to give away the initiative I'd suggest some middle ground, like betting a bit less to give yourself a better price on your bluff while still bloating the pot for the times you do improve, at least until that guy proves that he can fold something.

You can also c/c or c/f according to price you're getting, since a somewhat passive player betting likely means you'd get paid off if you hit one of your outs.

Hope it helps.