Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $3.40
      Hero:
      $2.35

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q:club: , 9:spade:
      7 folds, SB raises to $0.20, Hero raises to $0.60, SB calls $0.40.

Flop: ($1.20) 8:club: , 6:heart: , K:diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $0.10, Hero ???

What is his likely holdings here, I took my shot at restealing it and it failed.

If i simply call his min raise donk bet im telling him I have absolutely nothing (which is what i have :p) and he'll be able to min donk again and probably bet something like 1/2 pot on the river and ill have to fold. Because i gave him so much information about my hand.

I reckon he has a monstor like, AK/KK/QQ and trying to get value or he has a small pocket pair and wants to see a cheap showdown.

Thoughts? ?(
  • 4 replies
    • botftwzor
      botftwzor
      Bronze
      fold preflop,think this little bet you can call ...or try to reraise and mb he fold but fold preflop better Q9 bad hand for restill
    • RaWRpewpew
      RaWRpewpew
      Bronze
      Originally posted by botftwzor
      fold preflop,think this little bet you can call ...or try to reraise and mb he fold but fold preflop better Q9 bad hand for restill
      Yeah not a resteal hand - my mistake. I was more thinking in the line of likely holdings as the important part. But just cos i shouldnt even be in the hand.Doesnt mean i cant learn from it. ;) Maybe next time i do it with a better hand that missed the flop. AQo maybe.
    • goldflair03
      goldflair03
      Bronze
      Originally posted by RaWRpewpew
      Originally posted by botftwzor
      Yeah not a resteal hand - my mistake. I was more thinking in the line of likely holdings as the important part. But just cos i shouldnt even be in the hand.Doesnt mean i cant learn from it. ;) Maybe next time i do it with a better hand that missed the flop. AQo maybe.
      yeah but the next time u should just easily push all-in preflop, as u are commited and have to push every flop anyway ;)
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Hey RaWRpewpew,

easy fold preflop.

As played, you even shouldn't be in this situation with Q9o, so just give up the flop.

If you however had a legit hand(like AQ) then I would like 3x reraise with increased stack and on the flop I would disrespect his minraise and c-bet 0.80$ and fold if he shoved.

Regards,
      burek2000