• Cpwpoker
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)

Known players:

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8, 8.
      5 folds, Hero calls $0.03, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.1) 7, 9, T (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.10, BB raises to $0.20, Hero calls $0.10.

Turn: ($0.5) 6 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks.

River: ($0.5) 7 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.50, BB raises to $2.00, Hero calls $1.50.

Final Pot: $4.5.
  • 2 replies
    • Mstlc
      Raise this pre-flop imo. Never open-complete the small blind. So just make it 20c there.

Post-flop... I'd probably play the same. Bet/calling the river is fine I think. Bet/raising would be slightly overplayed because of the paired board I guess.
    • MaestroOfZerg

Preflop raise is the best way to start with.

As far as postflop is concerned they are so many ways to play this SBvsBB depending on what you think of that player and what dynamic you're trying to develop with him.

The easiest is probably to go with bet/call bet/call since i don't intend on folding 8x having two of them as blockers and unless he minraised the flop as a bluff he's likely to call or raise again the turn with his made hand.

Check/raising isn't bad either, makes you hard to play against if you plan on limping or minraising the SB often (which you probably shouldn't).

If he's somewhat aggressive and might be bluff-minraising then 3betting do develop an aggressive image is a decent option too. You can even go as far as to simply minraise it back for the tilt factor tho reopening the betting has its risks.

Hope it helps.