beginner questions about the "basic" articles

• psomas
      psomas
      Bronze
      hi...
      i have to say that i love this site, and the basic articles have already helped a lot... :)

but i have some questions...

1)on flop, the article states that i should bet/raise once, and call a reraise with eg top pair...does it mean to call just one reraise, or would it be ok to call more than one raises after me?...i suppose it depends on the 'read' of the opponents, and the texture of of the flop, but generally what is recommended?
      2)in the turn/river article, whenever it says two pairs it actually means two pair, as stated in the flop article, ie the board isn't paired, right?...
      3)two pair in the articles means i have the top two pair, or the top and bottom, or the bottom two pair, right?...

thx...
      ;)
  • 4 replies
    • enemaze
      enemaze
      Bronze
      1. On flop when HU you call a raise and raise the turn again. If it's multiway that's a different story. In multiway pots you 3-bet.
      2. I think so.
      3. i think it's any 2 pair.
    • Berkstajger
      Berkstajger
      Bronze
      Twopair is two pairs made of two cards in your hand and two cards on flop that don't form a pair. For example: you have AK and the flop is AK5. Two pairs means that one pair is already on the flop and you have a pocket pair. Taking the previous example, that would mean: you hold AA, and the flop comes KK5. Twopair is much better card because it's harder to spot for villains and there is less chance someone has three of a kind.
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Hi psomas and be welcome to our forum. :)

1) That means that you shouldn't raise again if you got reraised. One bet is always a call and 2 or more are indeed read dependent. Weak toppairs (bad kicker) or on bad flops you can fold against 2 or more bets.

2) True. :)

3) I usually use "paired board" and never refer to two pairs as it's easily mistaken.
      But yes any twopair is correct as far as I know.
    • psomas
      psomas
      Bronze
      thx for the help guys!... :)