This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL5 K7s

• kudzis
      kudzis
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $1.96
      Hero:
      $4.96
      CO:
      $2.00

0.02/0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with K:spade: , 7:spade: . CO posts a blind of $0.05.
      5 folds, CO checks, BU folds, SB calls $0.03, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.15) Q:diamond: , K:diamond: , J:club: (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.10, CO folds, SB calls $0.10.

Turn: ($0.35) 3:diamond: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.20, SB raises to $0.40, Hero calls $0.20.

River: ($1.15) J:spade: (2 players)
      SB bets $1.15, Hero calls $1.15.

Final Pot: $3.45

Was it correct to call a raise on turn?
      Call river or fust fold?
  • 2 replies
    • Mstlc
      Mstlc
      Bronze
      I think you have to fold against his raise on the turn, I'm pretty sure he hit his flush there. I understand it's hard to let go off your hand there thou so I often call there as well to see if he's not bluffing but I don't think you can make that call on the river. I think he's got you beat more often then not, your hand only has to be good 1/3 times to make the call but I doubt you even get anywhere close to that amount. I would fold the river if not the turn I think.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Turn is close because from his stats SB has the potential to be minraising as a bluff sometimes, you get good odds and you have position. However it's a limped pot, there are possible straights and flushes out there, your kicker is no good and i assume you've never seen a minraise before since you didn't mention any read.

The safest way to play the hand is just to fold on the turn and prevent a guessing game on the river. If you had a better read on SB that he's bluffy you could possibly call the turn and commit to calling another bet on a blank river, but i really don't think it is worth it as it is.

Hope it helps.