Stack
      SB:
      $1.96
      Hero:
      $4.96
      CO:
      $2.00

0.02/0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with K:spade: , 7:spade: . CO posts a blind of $0.05.
      5 folds, CO checks, BU folds, SB calls $0.03, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.15) Q:diamond: , K:diamond: , J:club: (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.10, CO folds, SB calls $0.10.

Turn: ($0.35) 3:diamond: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.20, SB raises to $0.40, Hero calls $0.20.

River: ($1.15) J:spade: (2 players)
      SB bets $1.15, Hero calls $1.15.

Final Pot: $3.45

Was it correct to call a raise on turn?
      Call river or fust fold?
  • 2 replies
    • Mstlc
      Mstlc
      Bronze
      I think you have to fold against his raise on the turn, I'm pretty sure he hit his flush there. I understand it's hard to let go off your hand there thou so I often call there as well to see if he's not bluffing but I don't think you can make that call on the river. I think he's got you beat more often then not, your hand only has to be good 1/3 times to make the call but I doubt you even get anywhere close to that amount. I would fold the river if not the turn I think.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Turn is close because from his stats SB has the potential to be minraising as a bluff sometimes, you get good odds and you have position. However it's a limped pot, there are possible straights and flushes out there, your kicker is no good and i assume you've never seen a minraise before since you didn't mention any read.

The safest way to play the hand is just to fold on the turn and prevent a guessing game on the river. If you had a better read on SB that he's bluffy you could possibly call the turn and commit to calling another bet on a blank river, but i really don't think it is worth it as it is.

Hope it helps.