This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl5 Jj

• kudzis
      kudzis
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $5.81
      CO:
      $1.23

0/0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with J:club: , J:diamond:
      UTG2 folds, Hero raises to $0.15, 2 folds, CO calls $0.15, 2 folds.

Flop: ($0.35) 9:diamond: , A:club: , T:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.35, CO raises to $0.70, Hero calls $0.35.

Turn: ($1.75) 5:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.38 (All-In), Hero calls $0.38.

River: ($2.51) 2:spade: (1 players)

Final Pot: $2.51

Was it correct to call a raise postflop? Call on turn?
  • 2 replies
    • Mstlc
      Mstlc
      Bronze
      Just bet/fold on the flop.

As played you can't fold the turn anymore cause there's still a small chance he might show up with some really weird hands and for the odds you're getting you can't fold anymore, but like I said, you should just fold the flop and you wouldn't even get into this position :p
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I'd c-bet less on the flop given that this guy is shortstacked and JJ isn't that strong of a hand on AT9r, so i'd rather have room to maneuver instead of almost committing myself right away.

As played unless you have a strong reason to believe that this player might minraise/call worse hands there just fold your hand. There are players who bluff more on A-high flops relentlessly trying to represent the A, but most of them are just scared by that card and won't usually mess with you in that spot without at least a top pair.

Hope it helps.