$2.00
      SB:
      $2.00
      BB(Hero):
      $2.00
      MP1:
      $1.00

Preflop: Hero is BB with T, T.
      4 folds, BU raises to $0.08, SB folds, Hero calls $0.06.

Flop: ($0.17) 8, K, 6 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $0.12, Hero folds, BU gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.17.

now when im analysing hand... imho i should reraise him, no?
  • 8 replies
    • rickydaprince
      rickydaprince
      Bronze
      I would 3bet preflop and then cbet.
    • Mstlc
      Mstlc
      Bronze
      Hmm, I think 3betting TT would be overplaying your hand against this player. With his PFR of 6 his range is pretty much limited to JJ+, AJ+ & KQ.

So ye, I think I would just called & play TT for set value against this player. Against a looser player I would definitely 3bet TT here, but I don't think this is a good spot.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Hard to say without a sample size on his stats. If you have many hands (which i doubt) Mstlc has a good point, if not then it's probably still easier for you to just 3bet it preflop.

As played postflop same problem, i'd usually check/call at least once but given how tight that guy's preflop range is, it's probably a good idea not to mess with his c-bets too much until you know more.

Hope it helps.
    • herekPL
      herekPL
      Bronze
      Easy 3B - BU has wide range to OpenRaise.

As played - why You Ch/C flop OOP, and then on Turn what? Ch/F - wast of $.
    • SheepMoose
      SheepMoose
      Bronze
      Originally posted by herekPL
      Easy 3B - BU has wide range to OpenRaise.

As played - why You Ch/C flop OOP, and then on Turn what? Ch/F - wast of $.
      Trust me check/calling the flop is the best line with these type of hands, only disadvantage is it turns your hand face up basically.

Easy 3bet pre. Then as stated I would check/call the flop, maybe fold to turn bet. If villian doesn't barrel you can get to showdown easily and a lot of the times you will win at showdown vs. some suited crap that BU may steal with.
    • Cpwpoker
      Cpwpoker
      Bronze
      I would do the same pre-flop as the BSS chart tell you to do so xD

lol

But on the flop i will reraised his bet 3x and then fold if he is stubborn.
    • herekPL
      herekPL
      Bronze
      I'd prefer to play this aggressively from the beginning - on flop You 'll be OOP so i want to have initiative.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Because when he raises on the BU he can have a lot of crap he's stealing the blinds with, and he will only seldom hit something strong on K86r. He will however follow through with a c-bet with a good chunk of those air hands, which is why it's possible to check/call profitably when your TT still stands to be best. Few players will however continue to bluff on the turn once you call the flop, hence the c/f line by default unless you want to play guessing games.

If you donk out on the flop two things are gonna happen: he will fold all his air hands, and he will mostly call you with Kx/QQ-JJ. He'll of course still call a bet with 99/8x/6x, maybe A-high if he thinks you're bluffing. But then what happens? Are you really going to donk out on the turn again with TT? That would be really thin without knowing the guy, so you're going to check it to him and end up in the same situation as on the flop, but worse:

- the pot is bigger with your marginal hand
      - you're still out of position so if he wants to bet a float/bluff at that point he still can
      - you isolated yourself against a much stronger range of hands
      - with the turn card the board is only gonna get uglier for you unless you hit one of the two tens left in the deck

Now what? More guessing. Would he float the flop? If yes, would he bet his bluff now? Does he have enough bluffs to compensate for the fact that he'd take that line for sure with hands that beat you? I doubt you can answer 'yes' to that to justify a check/call on the turn, so you're check/folding again, in a worse spot than you would have been by taking a c/c c/f line.

Hope it helps.