Dealt to Hero J:diamond: J:club:

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $6, fold, fold, fold, BB calls $4

FLOP ($13) K:spade: 4:diamond: 3:club:

BB checks, Hero checks

TURN ($13) K:spade: 4:diamond: 3:club: 2:spade:

BB bets $8, Hero calls $8

RIVER ($29) K:spade: 4:diamond: 3:club: 2:spade: 8:diamond:

BB bets $27.60, Hero folds

I had what ysessa said on this evaluation Nl1k - JJ, Ace on the flop in mind on this hand, so I deviated from the obvious cbet. But truth is I got a little confused afterwards and ended up making this (weak?) fold.

I figured that after I checked behind flop and called the Turn he'd wouldn't bet river unless he had a K or JJ+. Please shed some light on the matter m8s=D
  • 11 replies
    • goldflair03
      nh :)
    • RahXephon1
      What do you think he's calling range is preflop? Monsters only? AK? Pocket pairs?

I think that all of those can be true and if so you are pretty in trouble against his range. I wouldn't put him on weaker aces, but it's still possible.

I think the hand is played very nicely since on flop there is no point in cbeting, since he is able to checkraise.

Turn call is alright I think, he can do that bet with all of his range.

River fold I also like very much, you only beat 99/tt and 55/77 and pure bluffs and I don't think he's often betting those on such flop. Therefore you lack equity to call IMO.

• dandycal
      Originally posted by RahXephon1
      What do you think he's calling range is preflop? Monsters only? AK? Pocket pairs?

I think he could call AQ+, JJ+, maybe TT, 99.
    • Ishindar
      i woudl put him on KQ as he doesnt raise u preflop. he doesnt donk usually so he may have wanted to check raise flop. i think its a good fold , NH!
    • wuusaa

bet/fold flop vs cb flop call turn (call/fold) river

difficult question here I think.
      If we want to balance our play just a little bit, a cbet is better.
    • drachdudek
      nh, hmm, also very difficult hand, but if he is regular, then he usually wont call with KK,AK,AA?, except he has stats on you:) , what he probably had...anway, i would c-bet flop, if he calls then turn check / call or check / fold depends on his betting range on the turn, if he checks turn, then you have free card for the river play;) ...river is hardest decision to be made, but probably check / fold, i think you wont get enough value on the river, but if he minibets on the river, then i would maybe also call...
    • noclaninator
      I'm not so sure this is a fold. You have shown a ton of weakness by checking behind flop. This is likely to induce a fair bit of bluffing. Imo if you call turn, you have to call river too. Unless he has something stupid like 97 off 86 off etc. (ie hands he will not play) then if you are good on the turn then you are good on the river and must call. Yes, he can easily have AK, KQ, or even like AA but imo he could just as easily have AQ. Even if you put him on a range like AA, AK, AQ, KQ by the river then you have to call (though it is close with this range) but I would think he has a few more bluffs in his range.

So at the risk of being called a donkey by multiple players, I think the river is a clear call.
    • Gerv
      If you sit in his shoes, the only way u can win is by betting river.

How would you feel if you had like 99-TT and Flop goes ch/check, Turn you bet and PFA calls, River is kinda blanking

Hmmm Flop is okay played, Turn as well and I personally call the river since he bets really hard

Still folding can be an option on the river but I have a favour over calling
    • ysessa
      i think the river fold is ok, but you should definitly start to balance this line with kx and also sometimes call the river with jj
    • tigerK
      flop: c-bet 2/3 pot. Fold if he raises.
      turn: check/fold
      river: if he bets, call, if he checks, bet.

As played, you are obliged to call turn.
      At the river, tough decision. Face to unknown I fold. Against aggro reg, I call. But I do not like this line though
    • tac3znarf
      I will call the river bet.

BB just defended his blind preflop which means he has a wide range.

Your check on the flop induces a bluff.

You have called the turn and nothing much has change on the river. His river bet is too big making it look like a bluff hence I prefer calling than "weak" fold. :)