BB ($3.98)
      UTG ($3.13)
      UTG+1 ($2.21)
      Hero ($3.94)
      MP1 ($0.87)
      CO ($4.05)
      BTN ($4.87)

Dealt to Hero 7:spade: 7:diamond:

UTG calls $0.02, UTG+1 calls $0.02, Hero raises to $0.12, MP1 raises to $0.22, CO calls $0.22, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.10,

FLOP ($0.73) 5:diamond: 4:diamond: 7:club:

Hero bets $0.44, MP1 raises to $0.65 (AI), CO calls $0.65, Hero calls $0.21,

TURN ($2.68) 5:diamond: 4:diamond: 7:club: T:spade:

Hero bets $1.92, CO calls $1.92,

RIVER ($6.52) 5:diamond: 4:diamond: 7:club: T:spade: 6:spade:

Hero bets $1.15 (AI), CO calls $1.15,

what you guys think? Pf i have odds to play for set value right? Is it better to limp or raise (like i did) in this spot?

Size bets ok? ( I cant raise MP1 flop AI, there was no raise button :f_confused: )
  • 2 replies
    • Mstlc
      Mstlc
      Bronze
      Pre-flop: fine

Flop: I think I would check/raise there because you don't have the initiative, which is ofcourse dangerous cause you don't wanna give anyone a free turn card here. I assume you were unable to 3bet on the flop cause the MP1 AI wasn't double what you bet & thus counted as a call and not as a raise?
      If I chose to donkbet the flop I would just pot bet thou, make it $0.73, the board is ultra drawy and you've got 2 people behind. I'd try to get the money in there asap if possible.

Turn: Shove. If you bet here, you're commited on any river anyway so just get it in straight away. If you bet the flop slightly bigger you can easily go all-in on the turn anyway I think.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Given that you're pretty much all at 100+bb stacks raising it up is fine, helps you get more money in preflop so you can win bigger pots when you hit a set. Of course the fact that you can win the pot right there is a bonus.

I'd also bet out on that flop, it's not a board a lot of people would c-bet with air anyway and if MP1 has an overpair he won't fold it, so bet/3bet is fine given how drawy the texture is. And as you see you're better off making sure you cover the shorty with your bet.

Turn is a shove, it's only a slight overbet so don't sweat it, just put your money in there.

Hope it helps.