[NL2-NL10] NL10 AK vs reraise turn

• Gabinr1
      Known players:

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with K:diamond: , A:heart:
      UTG2 calls $0,10, MP1 folds, MP2 calls $0,10, MP3 folds, Hero raises to $0,60, 3 folds, UTG2 calls $0,50, MP2 calls $0,50.

Flop: ($1,95) J:heart: , 9:club: , 8:spade: (3 players)
      UTG2 checks, MP2 checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($1,95) A:club: (3 players)
      UTG2 checks, MP2 checks, Hero bets $1,50, UTG2 folds, MP2 raises to $4,50, Hero raises to $20,35 (All-In), MP2 calls $4,25 (All-In), Hero gets uncalled bet back.

This hand is interesting. He could have a weaker ace and there is a flush-draw and a straight-draw there - so my only option is folding or shoving. Because if he has me beat, he will bet river and I will call because I'm committed and if he has a draw and doesn't hit, or a weaker hand, he will probably not pay me.

I chose to shove.
  • 6 replies
    • Mstlc
      This is overplayed imo... I think you can safely bet/fold the turn here. You're very often gonna see QT for the nuts straight here or maybe AJ, A9, A8 for two pair. I doubt he'll go mental with any random ace here.

You could check the turn behind to induce a river bluff and call a normal sized bet on the river to if the river is a blank.

Most people are not gonna play draws aggresive at these stakes so I'm pretty sure he already has a made hand on the turn, which pretty much always has you beat.
    • AninIII

I agree with Mstlc that b/f is the safest alternative.
      But considering that he checked twice he could do it also with the following range which you beat: JT, T9, TT, T8, Tx (excl. T7, QT), 67 or 2 random clubcards maybe with a J or a 8.

I would say if he is capable of raising a draw shove is fine, if the guy is somewhat passive he has sth. like 88, 99, 89, J9, J8, AJ, A9, A8 there.

Let's see what the judges think.

Best regards,
    • Dragar

You can fold to his raise... he is c/r turn draw heavy board after checking flop. He knows you hit the A and is extracting max value from his two pair or set.
    • MaestroOfZerg

I agree mostly with what has been said so far, i'd also bet/fold that turn. People don't really valuebet thin at nl10, they'll likely only fire the river with bluffs as far as the hands that you beat are concerned, so betting the turn to get calls from all the marginal stuff that can hit that flop planning to fold to a raise and likely check back the ugliest rivers is fine. Also that guy overlimped/overcalled preflop so it's not really something you'll usually see from players that might check/raise a semibluff on the turn.

Hope it helps.
    • herekPL
      Why You dont CB flop in position? For me it easy CB here
    • Gabinr1
      Thanks everybody for the feedback.

He had a relative strong hand there: ATs . He had 11 outs for the best hand.

A 9 came on the river and I took the pot.