Known players:
      MP2:
      $13,65
      MP3:
      $6,15
      Hero:
      $13,75

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with K:spade: , K:heart:
      MP2 calls $0,10, MP3 calls $0,10, Hero raises to $0,60, 3 folds, MP2 calls $0,50, MP3 calls $0,50.

Flop: ($1,95) 7:spade: , Q:heart: , 6:diamond: (3 players)
      MP2 checks, MP3 checks, Hero bets $1,40, MP2 raises to $13,05 (All-In), MP3 folds, Hero calls $11,65.

On the chat, before calling, I was like: "man... wtf?!" :D
      That 'all in' surprised me a little bit.

I was scared of a set. But there was the possibility that he could have TPTK or something like that. So I called.
  • 4 replies
    • AninIII
      AninIII
      Bronze
      Hi,

do you have any stats?
      How did he play on that table? (Was he relatively respectable?)

Without information i guess it's a fold, although i would have called it, too (for information)... :-)
      You have invested just 2$ and you don't need to put ~120BB in danger.
      On the other hand, if you give him a range including some Qx, 66, 77, 54, 89 you are a 60:40 favourite.

Let's see what the judges think.

Best regards,
      Anin
    • Mstlc
      Mstlc
      Bronze
      Originally posted by AninIII
      Without information i guess it's a fold, although i would have called it, too (for information)... :-)
      Without information this is a snap call & be happy. He's doing this with AQ/KQ, probably even QJ, QT & who knows even worse queens, if he has a set it's a cooler... this is NL10, overpairs = nuts, you really can't fold here imo unless you have a really really good read that he's holding a better hand here, which is very unlikely.

And ps: you don't call for information for 116bb's...
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

AninIII was obviously joking about calling off 120bbs for information.

As for the hand i don't think i'm folding either without reads, you rarely see people just shoving their monsters (you'll cross path with some of them but they're not so common), most often they try and sucker you in instead of scaring you away when they have the nuts. Call and make a note afterward.

Hope it helps.
    • Gabinr1
      Gabinr1
      Bronze
      Thanks for the feedback!

I call for information and learning purpose when I feel I have the better hand and want to find out (not any two cards).

Well... Mstlc hit it very well
      Without information this is a snap call & be happy. He's doing this with AQ/KQ, probably even QJ, QT & who knows even worse queens...

Opponent had QJ, imagine that! But I've seen this move with JJ, TT too (when a overcard comes and the opponent just goes nuts... with a pocket pair smaller then the card that just came)