[NL20-NL50] qq overpair on ugliest board

• excelgeo
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.25/$0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q, Q.
      UTG1 folds, UTG2 calls $0.50, MP1 folds, Hero raises to $2.25, 5 folds, UTG2 calls $1.75.

Flop: ($5.25) 9, 7, 2 (2 players)
      UTG2 checks, Hero bets $3.50, UTG2 calls $3.50.

Turn: ($12.25) 4 (2 players)
      UTG2 checks, Hero bets $6.50, UTG2 calls $6.50.

River: ($25.25) 5 (2 players)
      UTG2 bets $32.50, Hero folds, UTG2 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $25.25.

guy has just doubled up with KK against my AQ on a Q high board when he totally slowplayed me.

i was then berating my postflop play.

and this hand comes right after i have lost. when i was betting he was like why are you still betting geronimo?

then on the river he does that and says fold.

what do you say? he then said that he knew i had AK and it wasnt at all good
  • 5 replies
    • Kaitz20
      since you just lost big pot I would prefer going on pot control on the turn and call river bet
      folding river is fine, since I doubt he is bluffing there too many times, but considering your history I think call is also fine and if you get owned then just quit the session :)
    • excelgeo
      check behind on turn, of course!

thanks, i completely missed that, i guess i was sort of tilting but i also bet like this to make him THINK im tilting.

just didnt expect this on river.
    • TheBrood
      There are much worse flops than this =) This one is great for extracting money from someone with a diamond, and easy fold if a diamond falls.

- pf raise to 5BB, a pp will call anyway =)
      - On flop I bet at least $4 since any diamond kills the action.
      - On turn he might have a diamond so I dont like check behind; if he only limps pp utg then I like pot control since his flop call indicates a set.
      - On river he prob thinks you are on tilt and won't fold to his donk so I like your fold. Specially when he says "fold", its begging for a call.
      If you think he does this with a busted draw or TT/JJ then you might call but I dont recommend it.
    • Prabhatallin
      You need to bet a bit more on the flop I think since another diamond would be very ugly.

I have a feeling this might be a call. Live players talking a lot usually means they want a call. But this is kind of weird so I would just filter out the chat from the decision making here.

Basically, I think the river is ok either way, but I would have called this. Not too many villains would take this line with the flush. You have been taking the lead on every street, and the river is a blank, so I don't understand why he would shove the river with a flush. Bluff makes a lot of sense here though.
    • TheBrood
      I dont call river because:

- Not many people bluff so big oop imo, if he were ip its different scenario.
      - You showed some strength pf and 2 streets. I would bet more on flop and turn so that he can forget about bluffing river(easier fold for you), an attentive player might see your turn bet as weakness.
      - We only have a pair and many hands beat us.
      - We are supposed to be on tilt after last hand and he figures we will call anything. Do you bluff someone on tilt? I don't.
      - Him writing in the chat is a tell sometimes.

If he were bluffing he would prob show it to put you more on tilt