[NL2-NL10] NL25 AA Overpair

• klonoa
      klonoa
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)  
      Position:
      Stack
      MP3:
      $38.25
      SB:
      $24.50
      BB:
      $26.85
      Hero:
      $24.90

0.10/0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.7 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A:heart: , A:diamond:
      Hero raises to $1.00, MP3 calls $1.00, 2 folds, SB calls $0.90, BB calls $0.75.

Flop: ($4.00) Q:spade: , 6:diamond: , Q:club: (4 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $2.50, 2 folds, BB raises to $7.50, Hero calls $5.00.

Turn: ($19.00) 9:club: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($19.00) 8:club: (2 players)
      BB bets $18.35 (All-In), Hero raises to $16.40 (All-In).

Final Pot: $53.75

On the turn he checks to me, should i bet?
      If he bets the turn, its a fold?
      As played.. river call = correct?
  • 3 replies
    • boschman123
      boschman123
      Bronze
      as for me, i would have bettet $1.25 prefolp, 3 times BB + the blinds itself.

after the flop there is $4 in the pot so betting $2.50 is a sign of weakness. if i did hold a Q i would indeed bet $2.50 to lure some players in the pot. now i would have bettet pot or a little less.

when it is checked to me after the turn i have 2 options, checking it down (wich i dont like, because there is now also a club draw), and making a probe bet half pot, or in this case a little more because of the draw. when my bet is called or raised i would have been done with the hand.

i would not have called his allin bet on the river.
    • klonoa
      klonoa
      Bronze
      Originally posted by boschman123
      as for me, i would have bettet $1.25 prefolp, 3 times BB + the blinds itself.

after the flop there is $4 in the pot so betting $2.50 is a sign of weakness. if i did hold a Q i would indeed bet $2.50 to lure some players in the pot. now i would have bettet pot or a little less.

when it is checked to me after the turn i have 2 options, checking it down (wich i dont like, because there is now also a club draw), and making a probe bet half pot, or in this case a little more because of the draw. when my bet is called or raised i would have been done with the hand.

i would not have called his allin bet on the river.
      isnt 3xbb + blinds = $1.10

i bet $2.50 because they are no possible draws on the flop, would bet the same amount if i have a Q.

the turn is pretty troublesome, if i make any significant bet i would be commited anyways.
    • Sleyde
      Sleyde
      Black
      preflop and your flopbet are fine. on the flop I'd directly fold to his check/raise. this may seem weak but you are very often behind and even if not he ll often fire a 2nd bet on the turn which you cant call.

most of the time he wont check to you on the turn. in your case I'd fold to the river allin. this just seems too much like a slowplayed queen or set.