The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

Hero (SB): $25.12
      BB: $28.13
      UTG: $31.87
      CO: $52.53
      BTN: $34.72

Pre Flop: ($0.37) Hero is SB with A :heart: J :heart:
      UTG raises to $1, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.88, 1 fold

Flop: ($2.25) 3 :diamond: 7 :heart: 5 :heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG bets $1.68, Hero raises to $5.86, UTG calls $4.18

Turn: ($13.97) 6 :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG checks

River: ($13.97) 9 :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG bets $6.98, Hero folds

V: 21/16/2.1/670hands cbet59

is call pre ok?
      flop? he has rather low cbet so maybe he has overpair here and wont fold it to my raise?
  • 4 replies
    • AninIII
      AninIII
      Bronze
      Hi,

villain seems like a decent reg.
      He most likely has an overpair there but I don't get his call on a drawy flop?
      What would you have done if he 3-bets/shoves on flop?

Preflop: It's easier to play 3-bet/fold, but call is ok vs. UTG-raise.
      Flop: I guess you could play donkbet 1.85$ and if he raises think for a moment, so as if you don't have the flushdraw but a set instead and shove.
      Some tags are able to lay down an overpair, and if not you have 9 clean outs, maybe even 12-(15).

Let's see what the judges think.

Best regards,
      Anin
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Preflop is fine i'd call too, and so is the 3bet/fold line.

That's not really a prime flop to c-bet but i still think with 60% he's c-betting air sometimes on those boards, and given how ugly it is he might even might a fold with one of the worse overpairs figuring it's just not worth the trouble if he's flipping at best.

Bet/shove is okay too since he doesn't c-bet all that often, but i don't really think that guy would/raise fold anything. More like he would call your donk with medium overpairs and fold only on a scary turn, and raise/call the biggest overpairs, so there isn't much of an upside unless you're trying to be hard to play against.

Hope it helps.
    • Macias09
      Macias09
      Bronze
      so is my line good? maybe I should shove on the turn as 6 looks kinda scare?
    • Bierbaer
      Bierbaer
      Bronze
      I'd fold preflop given that he raised UTG. His range is fairly strong and your hand doesn't play well against it.

Since he has a 3bet percentage of only 60% i prefer to not checkraise the flop, i think most of the time he has an overpair he won't fold.
      Id he has something like KQ/QJ you're ahead of his hand and there's no reason to blow him off of it - you even have some implied odds.

As played the check on the turn is fine imo, after he bet/calls the flop he has an overpair the vast majority of the time and he's not going to fold it.

At the river you could try and bet, the board is very scary now so he could be folding TT,JJ, maybe even QQ and better if he did not 3bet it at the flop.