Bronze
      Party Poker $25 No Limit Hold'em - 3 players - View hand 293231
      The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

BTN: $22.54
      Hero (SB): $24.88
      BB: $25.00

Pre Flop: ($0.37) Hero is SB with Q :heart: J :heart:
      BTN calls $0.25, Hero raises to $1.25, 1 fold, BTN calls $1

Flop: ($2.75) 3 :diamond: 5 :spade: J :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $2, BTN calls $2

Turn: ($6.75) 9 :club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $4.50, BTN calls $4.50

River: ($15.75) A :heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $11.81, Hero folds

v: 63/1/1.1/237hands wts 24 Fcbet 54

I had the note that he is blufing river when chcekd to him so I check. But then he bets strong and I don't feel that good of calling him. Pending my read should I just bet small if I don't want to call his big bet or check and call only small one?
  • 2 replies
    • AninIII
      AninIII
      Bronze
      Hi,

with your read it seems better option to blockbet/f river for 5.5-6.5$ than c/c because he's passive but could easily have Ax or two pair type of hands there.
      Other option is to take potcontrol line from the beginning by just calling preflop because you're oop and knowing he'd call 100% of his limping range ip.

Best regards,
      Anin
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I'm definitely raising preflop and making it even bigger out of position, QJs is that strong against this guy. The fact that he'll call 100% of his range when you raise is an even stronger reason to bloat the pot, you want all the J5s/Q2o crap in a big pot with you.

Postflop is likely fine except for the river. Either c/c following your read or blockbet/fold it. You likely don't have to make it big in that spot if he hasn't shown any sign of bluff-raising before, the simple fact that you bet again will often be enough to prevent passive players from going nuts with a busted draw on you.

Hope it helps.