BB ($3.65)
      UTG ($14.45)
      UTG+1 ($9.75)
      UTG+2 ($4.65)
      MP1 ($15)
      CO ($5)
      BTN ($25)

Dealt to Hero 2:diamond: 2:club:

fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to $1, Hero raises to $3.25, fold, BTN calls $2.25

FLOP ($6.75) 8:spade: 2:spade: K:club:

Hero bets $4, BTN calls $4

TURN ($14.75) 8:spade: 2:spade: K:club: T:spade:

Hero bets $9, BTN folds

I'm having difficulties with finding right turn check/raise spots. From one hand this villain seems aggressive and solid so I think he can bet this turn card if I check + he can have that K, from other hand pot is kinda big for bluffing + he can check behind and river can bring a lot of ugly cards... How to play here on turn?
  • 2 replies
    • excelgeo
      excelgeo
      Silver
      you want to end the hand on the turn, 9J, JQ with a spade are now in it with a chance.

get the nice little pot you've made and move on.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

His Call 3bet% would help, the more he's calling the more likely it is he could try and represent the flush or bet Kx for value figuring you could c/r a redraw there, and since your turn bet commits you he can't really represent the flush by bluff-raising the turn with no fold equity.

He's a reg you've seen him around a bunch, just try and think about his range. He called your 3bet, with what? Do you 3bet often in a steal situation? The flop came with a K in it. Is it scary for him or does he know you'd bet your air hands there always? If he does know that, would he float or raise with his bluffs? What will he do with his showdown hands if you check the turn, bet it or pot control it?

All things considered from where i stand against the typical nl25 reg you're probably better off just bet/calling that turn unless you have a reason not too, you'll see people calling the flop hands they would pot control on the turn or go broke with anyway more often than pure floats which they would have to bet the turn with. If you have reasons to think otherwise, go ahead with the check/shove line and do you best with the guessing game on the river if a 4th spade comes and he bets.

Hope it helps.