[NL20-NL50] 88 - Nl50

• Styr
      Styr
      Bronze
      What would the optimal play be here?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (7 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop | saw showdown

BB ($19.50)
      UTG ($30.20)
      MP1 ($9.25)
      MP2 ($24.05)
      Hero (CO) ($31.85)
      Button ($19.25)
      SB ($31.75)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 8, 8
      UTG calls $0.50, 2 folds, Hero bets $2, 1 fold, SB calls $1.75, BB calls $1.50, UTG calls $1.50

Flop: ($8) 8, 6, 3 (4 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets $3, 2 folds, UTG calls $3

Turn: ($14) 2 (2 players)
      UTG bets $1, Hero raises to $7, UTG calls $6

River: ($28) A (2 players)
      UTG bets $1, Hero calls $1
  • 4 replies
    • excelgeo
      excelgeo
      Silver
      i value raise river.

if it was some other spade than the A then i would assume he is possibly flushing with A3 spades.

he must be an idiot to call you with two completely irrelevant spades, any rational person would only have a combination of an 8 and another spade. in this occasion, he must raise you on the flop.

he also only bets $1 on the river, no way he has paid so much to get to the river and he doesnt want to get his implied odds rewarded. he is afraid of the flush just as much as you are.

read my signature! :)
    • Styr
      Styr
      Bronze
      I was afraid he was trapping me, wanting me to raise, or go all in.
    • Ihaf
      Ihaf
      Bronze
      Buy in for full.

I like isolating larger, 4x bb to $2.50 to get more value from the limpers. This would also make the flop pot size larger to around $10. Bet $7 on flop, shove turn.

It's more likely villain is playing like this, because you played your hand so weakly. You bet less than half pot 4-way on a low flop, your losing tons of value as you will get called on this flop. On the turn, your raise is too small. Villain only has to call $6 in a $22 pot. Raising to $16-17 will leave you with about $6 dollars left so you might as well shove the turn yourself.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by Ihaf
      Buy in for full.

I like isolating larger, 4x bb to $2.50 to get more value from the limpers. This would also make the flop pot size larger to around $10. Bet $7 on flop, shove turn.

It's more likely villain is playing like this, because you played your hand so weakly. You bet less than half pot 4-way on a low flop, your losing tons of value as you will get called on this flop. On the turn, your raise is too small. Villain only has to call $6 in a $22 pot. Raising to $16-17 will leave you with about $6 dollars left so you might as well shove the turn yourself.
      This. It's VERY suboptimal to only have a 60bb stack when you flop the nuts in a 4-way pot, don't you think ? ;)

Hope it helps.