$16.40
      BB:
      $10.75
      UTG1:
      $67.40
      UTG2:
      $10.00

Preflop: Hero is CO with 8, 8.
      UTG1 raises to $1.50, 4 folds, Hero calls $1.50, 3 folds.

Flop: ($3.75) 5, 5, 4 (2 players)
      UTG1 bets $1.50, Hero raises to $4.00, UTG1 raises to $10.50, Hero calls $6.50.

Turn: ($24.75) 8 (2 players)
      UTG1 bets $12.50, Hero raises to $28.00, UTG1 folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $37.25.

solid villain and i was running him over in two other tables with lots of aggression and he folded on other tables so i thought maybe hes paying attention. or do i slowplay?
  • 2 replies
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      - pf fine since he leads from utg.
      - On flop, when you raise, only better will call, so you are basically bluffing. In theory you would have to fold to a bigger raise but you got lucky.
      - On turn, only bad players will call another raise with OP. So just call if hes good and think he will recognize a monster if you raise.
      - On river you can bet or raise him.

I would have:
      - call flop because I have showdown value and can float turn or hit set
      - raise turn because 2barrel usually means he doesnt have air and we want value
      - bet or raise river according to his WTSD =)

I hope you dont play on ipoker...
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

So we have people talking about the same hand on different levels.

If we forget the dynamic you think you have with that player, i agree with TheBrood mostly, except that i think you have a better chance of getting more value against good overpairs if you don't raise the turn after flatting the flop since it's scary as hell, but rather let him valuebet the river again. And we're definitely raising the river.

Now assuming villain is aware of your dynamic and you're trying to exploit that, which I think is what you were doing, then you are raising 88 for value on that flop hoping to induce light calls or rebluffs from a suspicious player who is tired of your monkeying around, and i like your line as long as you don't fold to the 3bet.

Knowing that, on the turn it's extremely difficult to say whether calling or raising small is best. To be honest i think most players would give up on a bluff and even try to pot control a good overpair at that point if you flatcall the turn, so continuing to mess with him by making a small raising to induce a shove with overpairs/bluffs is a fine line. It also has the added benefit of keeping your insane image going without a showdown if he folds, keeping him in the dark and allowing you to outlevel him again in the future.

Hope it helps.