This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Question depositing money

• CrocHunter
      CrocHunter
      Bronze
      I'm from Canada and I'm sure they have these everywhere but you can go and get a mastercard or visa(not sure about the Visa) and put say $100 on them. Does anyone know if you can make deposits on poker sites with these?

Thanks for the help
  • 3 replies
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi CrocHunter,

You would have to check on the actual poker platform that you intend to deposit with, they all have slightly different depositing requirements.

Visa/Mastercards are however widely recognised and I would imagine accepted by the vast majority of platforms.

Any problems, just check with that platform's own support team, they will do whatever they can to help you deposit ;)

Best regards,

Bart
    • inf4my
      inf4my
      Bronze
      You will not be able to use a card from TD Canada Trust, because they recently announced that they will not be supporting any gaming transactions. It's only a matter of time before the other banks follow suit.
    • AlexanderD22
      AlexanderD22
      Bronze
      Originally posted by inf4my
      You will not be able to use a card from TD Canada Trust, because they recently announced that they will not be supporting any gaming transactions. It's only a matter of time before the other banks follow suit.
      Was this posted on their website? Very bad news if its true. Don't know why Canadian banks would have a problem with it.

There is a Canadian based money transfer site that many poker sites accept which uses your chequing account but I can't for the life of me remember it.