Question depositing money

• CrocHunter
      CrocHunter
      Bronze
      I'm from Canada and I'm sure they have these everywhere but you can go and get a mastercard or visa(not sure about the Visa) and put say $100 on them. Does anyone know if you can make deposits on poker sites with these?

Thanks for the help
  • 3 replies
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi CrocHunter,

You would have to check on the actual poker platform that you intend to deposit with, they all have slightly different depositing requirements.

Visa/Mastercards are however widely recognised and I would imagine accepted by the vast majority of platforms.

Any problems, just check with that platform's own support team, they will do whatever they can to help you deposit ;)

Best regards,

Bart
    • inf4my
      inf4my
      Bronze
      You will not be able to use a card from TD Canada Trust, because they recently announced that they will not be supporting any gaming transactions. It's only a matter of time before the other banks follow suit.
    • AlexanderD22
      AlexanderD22
      Bronze
      Originally posted by inf4my
      You will not be able to use a card from TD Canada Trust, because they recently announced that they will not be supporting any gaming transactions. It's only a matter of time before the other banks follow suit.
      Was this posted on their website? Very bad news if its true. Don't know why Canadian banks would have a problem with it.

There is a Canadian based money transfer site that many poker sites accept which uses your chequing account but I can't for the life of me remember it.