This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL50 SH QJs hits the flop

• gavinonymous
      gavinonymous
      Bronze
      CO: $87.70
      Hero (BTN): $63.85
      SB: $52.90
      BB: $52.55
      UTG: $50.40
      MP: $50.00

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is BTN with J:diamond: Q:diamond:
      1 fold, MP raises to $1.50, 1 fold, Hero calls $1.50, SB calls $1.25, BB calls $1

Flop: ($6.00) A:diamond: T:diamond: 2:diamond: (4 players)
      SB bets $3, BB folds, MP folds, Hero calls $3

Turn: ($12.00) 3:club: (2 players)
      SB bets $5, Hero raises to $15, SB calls $10

River: ($42.00) K:diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $15, Hero raises to $44.35 all in, SB folds

Maniac in SB to my left (still trying to leave the table) I was sure he'd continue betting the turn, and I didn't want to get in a jam preflop or isolate my self against a dominating hand so I just called. On flop I'm pretty sure I'm way ahead and can slowplay but by the river I have to over shove right? I mean I wanted to minraise . but it's only a few $$ diff bet that and the push. Am I just greedy?
  • 2 replies
    • Prabhatallin
      Prabhatallin
      Platinum
      wp. this is good.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Calling the flop certainly has merit and from there onward i think you played it fine, we're definitely shoving that river for whatever is left in our stack. NH.

That being said against a maniac on such a flop i think raise/calling is good too, it'll get the money in quicker and induce more costly (semi-)bluffs from him before the board gets too ugly, at the price of sometimes spooking him when he doesn't have anything.

Hope it helps.