Grinding SNG's

• Jeero
      Jeero
      Bronze
      To everyone who grinds Sng's on party,... what is possible in terms of games per hour? ie. are there enough tables to grind 16 tables a day all day on $6 sng's? For FL and PLO sng's it's hard to even get one game going,... there would obviously be more tables for NL, but I've never grinded sng's before so I'm just curious if party is a grinder friendly environment for sng's.
  • 5 replies
    • IKSecret
      IKSecret
      Black
      Hi!
      I am playing 6$ SnGs on party. Its possible to find 4-7 speed tables depending in what part of the day you play, in mornings its hard to find even 3 tables without time gaps between them less than 10 minutes. At these levels (6$ and 11$) there are more DoN players.
    • shortfuse
      shortfuse
      Bronze
      the rake and traffic is awful.

hence i switched to cash games. never looked back!
    • Jeero
      Jeero
      Bronze
      Thanks for the info IKSecret!

Yeah, the rake on SNG's at party is really bad, but I think the cash games aren't particularly good at party either,... well, there are fish everywhere but for FL there seems to be better tables elsewhere. I just want to learn SNG's so I want to grind the micro tables for a while to gain experience,...

shortfuse: what do you play?
    • shortfuse
      shortfuse
      Bronze
      i originally intended to play sng upon signing up on here with partypoker.

but, saw the rake and lack of traffic and decided to start learning cash games.
      i played NL SSS and BSS simultaneously for a few weeks and grinded up to around $200 (check my blog) and then proceeded to play solely BSS. Since a few days ago i have switched from NL25 to NL25 shorthanded as there are so many reserves of fish lol.

i also happened to win the $2 $1kgtd mtt which starts at 2:30pm daily i think. i took a very good deal.

profits (including br) in excess of $1k so far after 2months 2 hours daily (apart from holiday week).

these last few weeks have been very volatile though!

check my blog for graphs etc.
    • ironmask92
      ironmask92
      Bronze
      I'm having trouble finding tables at NL10 using the SSS. Since everyone seems to have small stacks.