ANY freeroll i pokerstars to represent pokerstrategy in APPt cebu?

• tac3znarf
      tac3znarf
      Bronze
      Hi Mods,

I know you have team pokerstrategy playing mostly in EPT but I have seen APT Manila and Macau; APPt macau this year and I did not see any pokerstrategist in these events.

Is there any plan to have a freeroll in pokerstars for the APPT cebu this November? I would like to take part in this freerolls to have a chance to represent PS in this event.

Thank you.
  • 3 replies
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      :P

PokerStrategy team is build in advance and it's full of poker professionals... You can't really qualify :)
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi tac3znarf & thanks for your interest in Team PokerStrategy,

You are correct, Team PokerStrategy is a relatively new development for PokerStrategy, but an exciting one. I believe the intention is to start with covering the EPT predominately as this is where the vast majority of our players are currently based. It is possible however that this will be expanded in due course and may cover other events/regions.

Currently the criteria used to select Team members is that of consistent high level previous tournament performances (as you can see from the profiles of the inaugrial 4 members), I expect this would continue as PokerStrategy would want to select the very best players to represent it's considerable investment in their entries etc.
      It is also a great way of advertising the brand and bringing in new members to the community.

I don't know of any plans to provide freerolls qualifiers to the APPT events, but never say never, there may be some provided by PokerStars themselves even.

We did have at least one member from the English/Dutch community that played in Macau, but they bought into the event(s) privately themselves and already have an impressive bankroll built up from poker, including high stakes tournaments :)

It's great to see that you would like to represent PokerStrategy, we hope to have some community events up & running soon with which you could get involved in and meet/get to know other members, so keep an eye on the News/Promotions page.

Best regards,

Bart
    • tac3znarf
      tac3znarf
      Bronze
      Originally posted by CoreySteel
      :P

PokerStrategy team is build in advance and it's full of poker professionals... You can't really qualify :)
      I know that I do not have the skills and the money to be part of teamPS and I did not mention any intent to try and qualify for this team.

What I am trying to say is that if it is possible PS can have freerolls for regional events such as APT and APPT where asian members of PS can participate.