After going on Tilt: What now?

• AndreasD125
      AndreasD125
      Bronze
      Hi everyone

I play No Limit SSS (or I plan to), but everytime I start to make losses by playing the strategy I catch myself making stupid moves. Usually this just increases my variance but yesterday I really lost it. I did what I promised me never to do: I went on tilt, tried to win it back by playing a higher limit and lost ~30$. What now? I'm not gonna play today, but I'm afraid I'll loose more if I start playing tomorrow or the day after that again.
      Anybody got any suggestions? I (and my bankroll) would really appreciate it
  • 6 replies
    • Cpwpoker
      Cpwpoker
      Bronze
      When you are thinking about regaining your money stop to play this mean you will lose more xD

I played SSS and was thinking the same think i lost 76$ in one go lol on NL10 T_T
    • RaWRpewpew
      RaWRpewpew
      Bronze
      Move down to w/e limit u need to so that u have enough buyins. SSS is extremely high varience. My last session of 1500hands i was 10buyins under EV.

But overall have a ok win rate, with basic sss you can make a profit. Play following the SHC and only c bet when you missed flop vs one opponent.

Never limp, and when some1 raises from the cutoff and BU reraise them all in with AJ+ 88+. When you on the blinds and the same when you are on the BB and the SB raises you. (ofc only if u have enough buyins for the limit because this will increase profit but increase varience aswell.)

Good luck, also. What site do you play on?
    • AndreasD125
      AndreasD125
      Bronze
      I play on Full Tilt. Thanks for the replies. I still have enough buy-ins to play my current limit.
      @RaWRpewpew: do you think I should move down a limit anyway?
      @Cpwpoker: What do you mean? Do you recommend me to stop playing NL at all?
    • Janusrichmond
      Janusrichmond
      Bronze
      If you got enought buy-ins their is usually no need to move down in limit. But If you feel unconfortable and afraid of loosing more, step down a limit could be a good ideá until you feel safe in your play again.
    • Cpwpoker
      Cpwpoker
      Bronze
      Nopes xD

I lost 76$ in 1 night :D ! Not during my NL life it was because i was on tilt and wanted to get my money back.During my NL life i have lost more because of tilt xD

But when you have this type of feeling you want to get your money back better stop to play until you calm down and can restart to play without thinking about profit and break-even.

By wanting to get your money back these situation will arive :

You have a good hand.Top pair top kicker but some1 shove you will think that he is bluffing as you are on tilt and will call making you lose more xD

You will start to play badly and loses more money.

SSS is reputated for it big variance but you can reduce the variance by stopping to play/taking a pause when you are on tilt.

Follow bankroll management and play solid poker in the long run you will win.
    • THeGaME23
      THeGaME23
      Bronze
      Yeah thats how I lost $40 in 2 days, getting bad beats and trying to win the money back. Its hard to take bad beats expecially with SSS, because you fold, foild, fold and blind out for like 5 minutes and finally get a good hand, get your money in with the best of it and still lose. I learned now that just playing your best is all you can do and this is the only mindset you can have with SSS or you WILL lose money. The last 2 days with this mindset im up around $40 bucks. As soon as you start feeling like you need to win your money back just get off.