This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL5 FR KQo

• JazzyJasper
      JazzyJasper
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $4.74
      Hero:
      $5.53

0.02/0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with K:diamond: , Q:spade:
      5 folds, Hero raises to $0.20, SB raises to $0.80, 2 folds, SB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.45

I have a question in general about this situation. Sometimes loose players start raising any raise from me when I'm on the button and they are SB or BB. Like in this example I raise 20 and then they raise 80 or even more.

Do you have any advice on this? Would you have called or 4-bet against this opponent knowing that he has raised 2 times before in a similar situation.

thanx for any help
  • 4 replies
    • shortfuse
      shortfuse
      Bronze
      he probz think ur stealing so reraise him again, he should fold most of the time but if he reraises then fold

or, call him and see flop
    • Gabinr1
      Gabinr1
      Bronze
      Folding KQo there is OK imo.
    • maya1984
      maya1984
      Bronze
      Hi,

It depneds on the villian and on your reads.

If it's a 3bet monkey (he reraise you your steals very often) I would call and play him postflop IP. You will need decent postflop skills to that. If you aren't comtiable with with it there is nothing worng with a fold pf.

If it's a tight guy with low 3bet pf % I would fold cause most of times his range has us crashed.

4betting in that spot turns our hand into a bluff cause he isn't calling with worser hands so I would avoid it at those stakes.

good luck.
    • JazzyJasper
      JazzyJasper
      Bronze
      Ok, thanx!

The next time he did it I stacked him with 99 :)