Am I too tight in SnG?

• FWKanobi
      FWKanobi
      Bronze
      Hi Guys ,
      i've noticed my VP and PR are around 7-8 while playing 9 SnG (1-2$ micro limits) most of the times (till 4 players stays usually) and then I start loosing up.

here are my stats , what do you think ?
  • 5 replies
    • lennonac
      lennonac
      Global
      You should run a report per blind level. My vpip & pfr are 11 7 until blinds 100

blinds 0-80
      Vpip 11
      PFR 7

blinds 100-300
      Vpip 16
      PFR 14

This suprises me some as I thought I was alot loser than that in the mid blind levels. Maybe its because im still fairly tight in the 100 blind level.

Blinds 400+
      Vpip 36
      PFR 29

As you can see the play changes massively.

Im kind of glad you brought this up as I havnt been going over my stats enough the past week or so.
    • andreibalint
      andreibalint
      Bronze
      if i had a roi of 19% i wouldn't ask myself these questions... I am on the looser end of the spectrum i think... AQ is a raise in any position, maybe AJ if i the game is 5-6handed, i steal anything i can, i sometimes overlimp with hands like KQ (if you limp only with pocket pairs you aren't that imprevisible, don't you agree?), i complete from SB the majority of playable hands if the blinds are small (early stage) and if there are 2+ limpers. I call a raise with a small pocket pair even if i have like 10 times the raise not 20 IF another players calls the raise (in my opinion you have even better implied since you are up against 4 cards which can hit). If i get pissed because someone is min-raising me i bluff-minraise him. I sometimes raise a paired board with thin air heads-up, etc... The result.. I'm still decently profitable. So i think it's a matter of how you prefer as long as you don't start calling raises with Q6s.
    • Atoks
      Atoks
      Bronze
      Hand ranges are more important than ur stats. Also player reads are more important than ur stats. I guess by asking this question u are looking for a way to try and improve ur game. I would advise u to really start to practice ur ICM game about as much as u play untill u become comfortable with decision making in the push/fold phase. The added bonus of practicing with an ICM simulator is also the fact that it will help u defend ur blinds better and that is one of the most important things when playing SnGs.

Looking at ur stats it is difficult to judge if u are too tight or not because the same concept of tight does not apply at SnGs compared to CGs. But glancing over it quickly ... well ... I'm not making any sense out of it so ... i guess it's ok :P
      GL to ya in the future! :)
    • FWKanobi
      FWKanobi
      Bronze
      Originally posted by lennonac
      You should run a report per blind level. My vpip & pfr are 11 7 until blinds 100

blinds 0-80
      Vpip 11
      PFR 7

blinds 100-300
      Vpip 16
      PFR 14

This suprises me some as I thought I was alot loser than that in the mid blind levels. Maybe its because im still fairly tight in the 100 blind level.

Blinds 400+
      Vpip 36
      PFR 29

As you can see the play changes massively.

Im kind of glad you brought this up as I havnt been going over my stats enough the past week or so.
      Thank you.
      Can you explain how to run report per blind ? and I'll post it.
    • lennonac
      lennonac
      Global
      sorry im not too sure I dont use PT