This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] flop hidden nuts with no customers

    • GrantJennings
      GrantJennings
      Silver
      Joined: 31.07.2008 Posts: 232
      I generally play tight, but my opponents know to expect contibets, and they generally respect them unless the flop is low and looks like it didn't hit me.

      I was planning on running a bluff with an 8-high, and showing it to advertise, but I flopped the nuts by mistake. How do you guys handle this? To you switch gears and slowplay, or make a standard conti-bet?

      $0.1/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

      Known players:
      SB = ($55.80)
      BB = ($50.20)
      UTG2 = ($12.35)
      MP1 = ($25.35)
      MP2 = ($18.95)
      MP3(Hero) = ($49.95)
      CO = ($25.00)
      BU = ($31.80)

      Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 6 :club: , 8 :club: .
      3 folds, Hero raises to $1.00, CO calls $1.00, BU folds, SB calls $0.90, BB folds.

      Flop: ($3.25) 7 :spade: , 4 :diamond: , 5 :spade: (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1.75, CO folds, SB folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

      Final Pot: $3.25.
  • 5 replies
    • AninIII
      AninIII
      Bronze
      Joined: 13.07.2008 Posts: 944
      Hi,

      play the flop like you would do with an Overpair or with air.
      Bet 2.25-2.5$ because flop is drawy and your hand is beatable.

      Best regards,
      Anin
    • maya1984
      maya1984
      Bronze
      Joined: 18.12.2008 Posts: 1,741
      Originally posted by GrantJennings
      I was planning on running a bluff with an 8-high, and showing it to advertise, but I flopped the nuts by mistake. How do you guys handle this?
      How do we handle with flopping the nuts by a mistake. we deal with it with a smile... :D

      Originally posted by AninIII
      Hi,

      play the flop like you would do with an Overpair or with air.
      Bet 2.25-2.5$ because flop is drawy and your hand is beatable.

      Best regards,
      Anin
      +1

      You will get action from FD,sets maybe even desperate player with OC. so bet more to get more value.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Joined: 02.02.2007 Posts: 27,343
      I also like betting out and hope someone would put you on air and making a play there or just have set/two pair and you can get your money all-in way ahead
    • GrantJennings
      GrantJennings
      Silver
      Joined: 31.07.2008 Posts: 232
      thanks for the responses guys. I was just boggled when it went FOLD FOLD.

      Why is it that when I'm holding AK and the flop comes 457, the action goes Checkraise Call, and I have to leave with my tail between my legs?

      I guess, if I'm playing the odd 68 for deception, it's not very deceptive if I check when I flop the nuts. I was just unlucky here that no one was holding an overpair, two pair or better.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Joined: 02.02.2007 Posts: 27,343
      Originally posted by GrantJennings
      thanks for the responses guys. I was just boggled when it went FOLD FOLD.

      Why is it that when I'm holding AK and the flop comes 457, the action goes Checkraise Call, and I have to leave with my tail between my legs?

      I guess, if I'm playing the odd 68 for deception, it's not very deceptive if I check when I flop the nuts. I was just unlucky here that no one was holding an overpair, two pair or better.
      457 is not the best board to c-bet with AK and most of the times the flop hit coldcalling range quite hard, just unlucky this time they didn´d hold anything