[NL20-NL50] flop hidden nuts with no customers

• GrantJennings
      GrantJennings
      Bronze
      I generally play tight, but my opponents know to expect contibets, and they generally respect them unless the flop is low and looks like it didn't hit me.

I was planning on running a bluff with an 8-high, and showing it to advertise, but I flopped the nuts by mistake. How do you guys handle this? To you switch gears and slowplay, or make a standard conti-bet?

$0.1/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      SB = ($55.80)
      BB = ($50.20)
      UTG2 = ($12.35)
      MP1 = ($25.35)
      MP2 = ($18.95)
      MP3(Hero) = ($49.95)
      CO = ($25.00)
      BU = ($31.80)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 6 :club: , 8 :club: .
      3 folds, Hero raises to $1.00, CO calls $1.00, BU folds, SB calls $0.90, BB folds.

Flop: ($3.25) 7 :spade: , 4 :diamond: , 5 :spade: (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1.75, CO folds, SB folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $3.25.
  • 5 replies
    • AninIII
      AninIII
      Bronze
      Hi,

play the flop like you would do with an Overpair or with air.
      Bet 2.25-2.5$ because flop is drawy and your hand is beatable.

Best regards,
      Anin
    • maya1984
      maya1984
      Bronze
      Originally posted by GrantJennings
      I was planning on running a bluff with an 8-high, and showing it to advertise, but I flopped the nuts by mistake. How do you guys handle this?
      How do we handle with flopping the nuts by a mistake. we deal with it with a smile... :D

Originally posted by AninIII
      Hi,

play the flop like you would do with an Overpair or with air.
      Bet 2.25-2.5$ because flop is drawy and your hand is beatable.

Best regards,
      Anin
      +1

You will get action from FD,sets maybe even desperate player with OC. so bet more to get more value.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I also like betting out and hope someone would put you on air and making a play there or just have set/two pair and you can get your money all-in way ahead
    • GrantJennings
      GrantJennings
      Bronze
      thanks for the responses guys. I was just boggled when it went FOLD FOLD.

Why is it that when I'm holding AK and the flop comes 457, the action goes Checkraise Call, and I have to leave with my tail between my legs?

I guess, if I'm playing the odd 68 for deception, it's not very deceptive if I check when I flop the nuts. I was just unlucky here that no one was holding an overpair, two pair or better.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by GrantJennings
      thanks for the responses guys. I was just boggled when it went FOLD FOLD.

Why is it that when I'm holding AK and the flop comes 457, the action goes Checkraise Call, and I have to leave with my tail between my legs?

I guess, if I'm playing the odd 68 for deception, it's not very deceptive if I check when I flop the nuts. I was just unlucky here that no one was holding an overpair, two pair or better.
      457 is not the best board to c-bet with AK and most of the times the flop hit coldcalling range quite hard, just unlucky this time they didn´d hold anything