take you money and run

• builthard30
      builthard30
      Bronze
      im curious on the sss once you have in increase from having 20 bets to 25 bets you are supposed to leave the room why?

and also why does only 2 other shortstacks minimum in the room matter? is this because they will bot part with ther money as readily?

oh and lastly NL10 5/10 what is the least money an opponent should have to not to be considered a shortstack? $3,$4 or even $5
  • 8 replies
    • Jdz
      Jdz
      Bronze
      You lose the mathematical edge if your stack becomes too big.

Ideally you want more BSS players at your tables because they 'have' to call your raises.

Something like that anyway.

:f_cool:
    • koreanlover
      koreanlover
      Bronze
      1. I think is sorta to cheat the odds, because u will always lose about 50% of ur all ins. so its to make sure u dont lose the money u just have won + the buyin. if u leave and go to a new table u only risk losing the buyin so u would still have the money won left.

2. Its because if there are other shortstacks the table get very tigth and it get harder to win because less players will call you. And if they do they have a good hand too. So u will win less. basically more shortstacks more
      fish at table.
    • lennonac
      lennonac
      Global
      Originally posted by koreanlover
      1. I think is sorta to cheat the odds, because u will always lose about 50% of ur all ins. so its to make sure u dont lose the money u just have won + the buyin. if u leave and go to a new table u only risk losing the buyin so u would still have the money won left.
      Do not listen to this advise it is completely wrong.

It is as the first poster said, sort of.
    • shortfuse
      shortfuse
      Silver
      wtf guys are you mad. the odds of winning will not change i.e AA vs KK will always be 80% ish.

its more to do with the fact that people won't call a 25bb all in preflop, if it was 15-20bb then people would be more inclined to do so.
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      If player A open shoves 20bb player B can call with a certain range. I expect there are push/call charts on here somewhere.
      If player A shoves 100bb the range they can get called by is probably only AA or KK without reads etc.
      Also, once you win 5 or 10bb you are no longer a 'short stack'. If you double up to 40bb you are now a mid stack. How do you play mid stack? I don't think there is any strategy for it, hence you leave.
    • builthard30
      builthard30
      Bronze
      also another point i wanted to ask about and bear in mind folks there are a few other questions on my original post lol

ok so this is about position

lets say there is 10 players at the table there are both blinds and the three early positions infront of me and im next this puts me in middle position lets say 2 people fold in front of me do i now become early position or am i still middle position regardless of who folds

i know that if you have 9 players at the table that you remove an early position and if ya have 8 you remove another early position and so on this i know to be based on number of players at the table but does this also count for number of people in the any individual hand????

also can anyone shed any light on what qualifys as a short stack player as per my original post thanks folks
    • slowshow
      slowshow
      Bronze
      Correct me if im wrong. :f_confused:

SSS small stack size is all about implied odds - BSS players cant attack SSS player with marginal hands cause SSS stack is small and range is tight, so BSS implied odds will be bad in terms of longterm EV.

More BSS at table mean that once You have nuts, You will extract most of implied odds cause it is more likely that You will build Your multiway pot when there are lot of BSS, than SSS.

However as i always say: look for fish and play with fish, since it does not matter are Your opponents SSS or BSS, if they are more expierenced, then You are toast. :f_cool:
    • Meiffert
      Meiffert
      Bronze
      Hi, builthard30,
      Originally posted by builthard30
      im curious on the sss once you have in increase from having 20 bets to 25 bets you are supposed to leave the room why?
      I answered a similar question in this thread.

and also why does only 2 other shortstacks minimum in the room matter? is this because they will bot part with ther money as readily?
      It is because you don't have an edge against other short stack strategy players. You need opponents who have big implied odds against each other and are therefore going to call you with weaker hands like 44 or 76s, because this call is a mistake against YOU, since you don't offer sufficient implied odds with your 20 bb.
      If your opponents play short stack strategy and they play the same way you do, you will never win, because you will all be just changing your money there and back and paying rake.

oh and lastly NL10 5/10 what is the least money an opponent should have to not to be considered a shortstack? $3,$4 or even $5
      It actually doesn't really matter that much how much money exactly your opponent has. You need to avoid people who play too tight, but since you don't know the other players, you can only assume that the shortstackers will be tighter.
      I would say anything above $3 isn't a shortstacker any more. Also if you see someone raising preflop with a weaker hand (which is not in the starting hand chart) or even calling (you should nearly never only call preflop with a short stack), you can count him as a 'non-shortstacker' even if he has only $2, because he is going to make mistakes against you and call you with weaker hands.

lets say there is 10 players at the table there are both blinds and the three early positions infront of me and im next this puts me in middle position lets say 2 people fold in front of me do i now become early position or am i still middle position regardless of who folds
      You are in middle possition. It is pretty much similar to the situation when there are only 8 people on table. There is only 1 player in early possition. With 7 players there are no players in early possition.
      The reason is that what matters is the number of players behind you. If you have for example 88 and you are on the button, there is high chance that you have the best hand (assuming the players in front you folded), because only 2 players are left who can have a better hand.
      But if you are first on 10handed table, there are 9 players left and anyone of them can have a better hand like higher pocket pair. The probability that your 88 will be best out of 10 hands is much smaller.