sit&go

• ronekinky
      ronekinky
      Bronze
      i only play cashgame, nolimit, nl50 6max. was a bit bored (and tilting a bit after loosing full stack to villain who had set with 222. i had 888. river was 2) so joined my first ever turbo sit&go. 100$buy-in. well i ended up winning, cashing in 420$. and, surprise surprise, got interested.. but noticed my elephant doesnt work on sit&gos???? played this one without hud. should i have a hud? important in sit&go?
  • 9 replies
    • lennonac
      lennonac
      Global
      I would say if you are playing $100 sng's then you must have a hud. I play from $5-$20 and I dont think I would do too well without one. If I just played 1 table at a time then maybe you can get away with it but 4 or more I would say you need it
    • Atoks
      Atoks
      Bronze
      I play SnGs without HUD. I bet it can be useful but at the same time it can also put u in tougher spots. I think solid reads on the other players are more valuable than a HUD would be. Also keep in mind that the BRM for SnGs is 100BI for each limit ;)
    • shortfuse
      shortfuse
      Bronze
      well since the blinds go and and people are forced to become looser its hard to say. some people will realise loosening up is the better strategy when worse players will remain tight.

its hard to say, but better with than without of course.
      use it sparingly as always.
    • lennonac
      lennonac
      Global
      Originally posted by Atoks
      I play SnGs without HUD. I bet it can be useful but at the same time it can also put u in tougher spots. I think solid reads on the other players are more valuable than a HUD would be. Also keep in mind that the BRM for SnGs is 100BI for each limit ;)
      Agree about the reads, I make notes all the time and they serve you better than just some stats. I am an info junky so I want as much info on the player as possible

:s_cool:
    • ronekinky
      ronekinky
      Bronze
      ...so am i forced to get pt3 or hem? i cant use elephant?
    • LuborC
      LuborC
      Bronze
      Elephant does not work with SnGs yet so if you want a HUD (and if you're going to play as high as 100$ you probably should want it) you need to get either PT3 or HEM.
      HEM is a better piece of software IMO but PT3 has two months trial.
    • ronekinky
      ronekinky
      Bronze
      ok but how about normal tournaments? i have only played cashgames there up until now. but im a bit bored and think ill maby try a tournament later today. i play at everest poker. in the elephant FAQ section it says:

"3.4 Question: Which gametypes are currently supported?

Answer: At the moment (April 08) Elephant supports Texas Hold'em Cashgame and Tournament hands. No-Limit, Fixed Limit and Pot-Limit are supported."

will a hud appear in a tournament? would be nice to know before i register =)

(im just questioning the hole thing because i cant find any "options" or anything on tournament play in my elephant)
    • kevinsmak
      kevinsmak
      Basic
      I was wondering about this as well, I have PT3 but it don't appear to work so well with SnG's. I use to use it for cash and worked great, maybe I'll check out HEM. Also, people recommend SNG Wiz, been playing SnG for awhile but just started looking at this software and I think it will really help me late game, though I do think I'm a solid player already...maybe it will help me loosen up a bit more.
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Originally posted by kevinsmak
      I was wondering about this as well, I have PT3 but it don't appear to work so well with SnG's.
      It works perfectly for SNGs on all supported sites. If it isn't working for you then you either have a configuration problem or possibly an old version.