ICM on low limits

• miguelrebelo
      Hello all,

actualy my very first post here... and good to have a poker comunity like this... to help us all out...

I've been reading all the articles (the ones I can for now since I'm bronze), and a lot of other stuff on the net however I think ICM trainer light and non light is a great poker tool and I agree with most hands, however there are some I can actualy say I disagree on 1$ SNG because most of them would just call out... Can we actually use what ICM tells us on low (micro) limit (most hands I agree), but the others.

thanks in advance,
  • 3 replies
    • lennonac
      Hi miguelrebelo

Good first post, I understand what you are saying as the ICM trainer I believe works off of nash equilibrium, where both parties play perfect push fold. As we all know that is not the case in many cases and if it was no one would win except the poker site.

I think the only way to fine tune your push/fold strategy is to get sngwiz or simular and adjust the other players calling ranges. It is a long process and comes with experience and hard work.

I suggest working on your game to playing 50/50.

Good luck
    • deVall3y
      indeed, as said you are correct to deviate a bit from the strategy suggested in ICM trainer especially in $1 SnGs where you are likely to be called very loose, as a general rule of thumb you should play a bit tighter I guess?
    • peche025
      My experience of playing on the lower limits sng's is that people generally call very loose. I think to counter this you have to stop pushing suited connecters as these are no longer +ev as the fold equity is so low, you simply have to change you range to pushing PP's and any high card so you get your chips in when your favorite.