i have seen the light

• 14 replies
    • shanshichi
      shanshichi
      Bronze
      :f_confused: is it? :f_biggrin: i'm playing FR and i'm tented to play SH too , but i'm afraid of TILT. :f_o:
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      You have figured it out!!!!! :s_cool:
    • shortfuse
      shortfuse
      Bronze
      omg i cnt describe how amazing it feels, its like playing in lower limits lol there are just soooo many bad players e.g half the table compared to FR where there 1/4 fish if your lucky lol
    • gavinonymous
      gavinonymous
      Bronze
      SH is the nuts.. just get ready for some swings - they will be deep and often. Also there are more fish at certain times.. when I'm playing SH it seems to be mostly LAGs and maniacs. Once the europeans come online things change a lot!
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Sh you get to play more hands so it's somewhat harder than 982938479tabling FR and basically waiting for the nuts, but sure SH is more profitable in terms of winrates because you get to play with fish more often.
    • JuiceQuadre
      JuiceQuadre
      Bronze
      Well im definetely switching to SH in the future .. But so far im enjoying the smooth waters of FR =)
    • GrantJennings
      GrantJennings
      Bronze
      I just chased a fish to a sh table, after taking about 80bb from him at FR. Three hands in, I flop a straight and he flops two pair, and the river fills his boat. Needless to say, I'm still at the same table, dodging the europeans and trying to get into flops with this guy.

It's going well. He gets KK and felts a shark, who leaves the table, and then I win back my losses in little chunks. A flush here, an AK there...

SH is wacky! I think it's great for practising aggression, smart LAG play, and light 3-betting, but FR is the Cadillac (and no, SH is not the Ferrari, it's more like the Miata).
    • wasy8
      wasy8
      Black
      weeee SH cash is def. the best game around
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Originally posted by GrantJennings
      but FR is the Cadillac
      Lol, NO!
    • shortfuse
      shortfuse
      Bronze
      IMO, the lesser players = better car.

Heads up would be the cadillac

ps I love chasing fish, but other TAGS do so too since I always find them at the same table with the fish haha
    • andreibalint
      andreibalint
      Bronze
      I played a decent amount of NL SH on iPoker and there are a lot of regulars. I mean A LOT! And it was NL4. There are regulars who play a lot of the SH tables in the same time. Find 2 of them online and your chances of finding a fish are cut in half. Am i crazy?
      (played maybe 150 5$ sng's and found 3 players profitable: one with 16%roi, one with 7% and one with 3%. that's all; let me think what i prefer... :D )
    • shortfuse
      shortfuse
      Bronze
      Yer I see many regulars around but it doesn't bother me, I either try and beat them or swallow my ego and go find another table!

As for sng, 16% is good but think about it; 2 hours of game to win (0.16*5)= 80c!
      Lets say $1 for ease, now you could multitable 8 at best (I never understand how people can concentrate multitabling sng with blinds going up and checking when the bubble is etc)

So: thats $8 in 2 hours!

Plus I hate the shove/fold stage especially when noobs don't want to fold lol. I wouldn't be able to stand losing so many sng in a arow.

I like mtt occasionaly though!
    • shanshichi
      shanshichi
      Bronze
      shortfuse , you're so right about sng :f_o:
    • superjunk
      superjunk
      Bronze
      Originally posted by NightFrostaSS
      Originally posted by GrantJennings
      but FR is the Cadillac
      Lol, NO!