This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

too tight??

• RickyJHarris
      RickyJHarris
      Bronze
      Hi,

I have just printed out all the articles you have to read to take the quiz.

So I read through them, and put the early tournament strategy to test on pokerstars.....on a private freeroll.

Anyway.....I didnt get any of the cards on the hand chart.....so then I was below 24 big blinds......so I had to turn to the middle tournament hand chart.....by then i had like 1,200 chips and hadnt played in 1 hand lol.

So then....I get dealt Q J..........and there is only me and 1 other guy in the hand.....so I Raise....to 400 chips because thats 4x the big blind.....and I was trying out the BLIND STEAL strategy........anyway....he calls. I hit Q on the flop......highest pair. I bet 400 again.........he calls. Ok......he ends up getting a flush and im out and only played 1 hand.

What do u guys think??? Do I just have to be more patient....and really disiplined??

Cheers. I am a beginner player.
  • 9 replies
    • RickyJHarris
      RickyJHarris
      Bronze
      Also...is the $50 starting capital real?? Or is it scam?? once i complete the quiz will i have to fill in account details and stuff? Thanks.
    • Jackalof
      Jackalof
      Bronze
      Heh, scam - such an ugly word. No, it is not a scam. You will not have to provide your credit card info or anything like that; you will not have to invest a cent in it; you may be asked to send a copy of your I.D. (to prevent from giving 50$ to non-existing muppets :f_p: ).

Check out gazzilions of blogs in the blog section - all written by staff and people who got free fifty bucks and now enjoying a sweet life of pro poker player :f_cool:

And yeah, you have to be patient in tournaments, wait for your hand and don't make any fancy moves (until you're experienced enough to do so).
    • Cpwpoker
      Cpwpoker
      Bronze
      Don't forget to put ALL REAL INFORMATION!

If false information is given you will be banned and you won't receive your starting capital.

For more info read - http://www.pokerstrategy.com/terms/

Good luck for the quiz :)

Answer for the 1st question is either A,B,C or D :s_biggrin:
    • RickyJHarris
      RickyJHarris
      Bronze
      Ok Guys,

So I used Party Poker and filled in the data and everything.

Im guessing over the next few days ill have $50 in the account?

That simple?
    • taifoon
      taifoon
      Bronze
      Yeah, that simple :)

I recived 50$ i think per 2-3 days. If you won't get it, check mail, sometimes they asking to send them ID check documents. if there will be more problems support always helps, just contact them with any problem :)

Good luck in your poker career.
    • RickyJHarris
      RickyJHarris
      Bronze
      Ok...seems too good to be true. But I believe it haha.

With the ID Check.......would it be like a scan of my passport? I have a driving licence too. I am 19 years old.

And just too clear another thing up..........when I get too 300 partypoker points....do I get $100 bonus?

Thats pretty sweet!

Cheers.
    • FWKanobi
      FWKanobi
      Bronze
      Originally posted by RickyJHarris

With the ID Check.......would it be like a scan of my passport? I have a driving licence too. I am 19 years old.

And just too clear another thing up..........when I get too 300 partypoker points....do I get $100 bonus?

Thats pretty sweet!

Cheers.
      listen to the elders...
      Keep yourself inside your bankroll !!!
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      Originally posted by RickyJHarris

Thats pretty sweet!

Cheers.
      Hello RickyJHarris,

All your other questions seemed to be answered so i will just answer the ones quoted.

All information about the id check can be found here --> http://www.pokerstrategy.com/idcheck

Also you need 900 points to clear the capital + $100 bonus. More info can be found in this thread --> How to clear the 50$ + 100$ bonus (Updated 3rd September 2009)

Best regards,

-Jack
    • RickyJHarris
      RickyJHarris
      Bronze
      Hi,

On partypoker.........when i click on the bonuses page.....it ses CLAIM NOW.......with the bonus code PS150, and has a cartoon pic of a present box.

Do I click claim now?