too tight??

• RickyJHarris
      RickyJHarris
      Bronze
      Hi,

I have just printed out all the articles you have to read to take the quiz.

So I read through them, and put the early tournament strategy to test on pokerstars.....on a private freeroll.

Anyway.....I didnt get any of the cards on the hand chart.....so then I was below 24 big blinds......so I had to turn to the middle tournament hand chart.....by then i had like 1,200 chips and hadnt played in 1 hand lol.

So then....I get dealt Q J..........and there is only me and 1 other guy in the hand.....so I Raise....to 400 chips because thats 4x the big blind.....and I was trying out the BLIND STEAL strategy........anyway....he calls. I hit Q on the flop......highest pair. I bet 400 again.........he calls. Ok......he ends up getting a flush and im out and only played 1 hand.

What do u guys think??? Do I just have to be more patient....and really disiplined??

Cheers. I am a beginner player.
  • 9 replies
    • RickyJHarris
      RickyJHarris
      Bronze
      Also...is the $50 starting capital real?? Or is it scam?? once i complete the quiz will i have to fill in account details and stuff? Thanks.
    • Jackalof
      Jackalof
      Bronze
      Heh, scam - such an ugly word. No, it is not a scam. You will not have to provide your credit card info or anything like that; you will not have to invest a cent in it; you may be asked to send a copy of your I.D. (to prevent from giving 50$ to non-existing muppets :f_p: ).

Check out gazzilions of blogs in the blog section - all written by staff and people who got free fifty bucks and now enjoying a sweet life of pro poker player :f_cool:

And yeah, you have to be patient in tournaments, wait for your hand and don't make any fancy moves (until you're experienced enough to do so).
    • Cpwpoker
      Cpwpoker
      Bronze
      Don't forget to put ALL REAL INFORMATION!

If false information is given you will be banned and you won't receive your starting capital.

For more info read - http://www.pokerstrategy.com/terms/

Good luck for the quiz :)

Answer for the 1st question is either A,B,C or D :s_biggrin:
    • RickyJHarris
      RickyJHarris
      Bronze
      Ok Guys,

So I used Party Poker and filled in the data and everything.

Im guessing over the next few days ill have $50 in the account?

That simple?
    • taifoon
      taifoon
      Bronze
      Yeah, that simple :)

I recived 50$ i think per 2-3 days. If you won't get it, check mail, sometimes they asking to send them ID check documents. if there will be more problems support always helps, just contact them with any problem :)

Good luck in your poker career.
    • RickyJHarris
      RickyJHarris
      Bronze
      Ok...seems too good to be true. But I believe it haha.

With the ID Check.......would it be like a scan of my passport? I have a driving licence too. I am 19 years old.

And just too clear another thing up..........when I get too 300 partypoker points....do I get $100 bonus?

Thats pretty sweet!

Cheers.
    • FWKanobi
      FWKanobi
      Bronze
      Originally posted by RickyJHarris

With the ID Check.......would it be like a scan of my passport? I have a driving licence too. I am 19 years old.

And just too clear another thing up..........when I get too 300 partypoker points....do I get $100 bonus?

Thats pretty sweet!

Cheers.
      listen to the elders...
      Keep yourself inside your bankroll !!!
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      Originally posted by RickyJHarris

Thats pretty sweet!

Cheers.
      Hello RickyJHarris,

All your other questions seemed to be answered so i will just answer the ones quoted.

All information about the id check can be found here --> http://www.pokerstrategy.com/idcheck

Also you need 900 points to clear the capital + $100 bonus. More info can be found in this thread --> How to clear the 50$ + 100$ bonus (Updated 3rd September 2009)

Best regards,

-Jack
    • RickyJHarris
      RickyJHarris
      Bronze
      Hi,

On partypoker.........when i click on the bonuses page.....it ses CLAIM NOW.......with the bonus code PS150, and has a cartoon pic of a present box.

Do I click claim now?