$15.89
      MP3:
      $10.47
      CO:
      $4.00
      BU:
      $10.00

Preflop: Hero is SB with A, J.
      CO posts deadblind, MP3 folds, CO checks, BU raises to $0.50, Hero calls $0.45, 2 folds.

Flop: ($1.2) J, 7, 5 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $0.80, Hero calls $0.80.

Turn: ($2.8) 3 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $1.90, Hero calls $1.90.

River: ($6.6) 9 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $2.20, Hero calls $2.20.

Final Pot: $11.

Is calldown OK or should have raised flop to see where I am (decided to call, because I dont think that KJ, QJ, JT or weaker hands continue then).
  • 2 replies
    • elco49
      elco49
      Bronze
      preflop: reraise or fold
      flop: raise/fold
      turn: bet/fold
      river: shove

Raise flop because you're oop. If K-J/Q-J/J-T folds you can start raising flop more often.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I like your line. You could turn AJo into a 3bet bluff preflop given that BU's range for isoraising in position should be wide, but nothing forces you to, keeping all the dominated Ax hands in there is good as well.

On the flop unless you think you can induce a 3bet from a bluff or a draw given how dry the board is and the fact that it is a steal situation raising is okay but then you're not folding your hand. If you don't know that just call and let him bluff/valuebet worse hands, it's fine.

If anything you can try to donk the turn instead but mainly against an aggressive opponent if he had a draw BUvsSB he would bet it on the turn again himself, so we're not really protecting as much as trying to induce a weird turn shove with some Jx or draw hand.

By the river his hand looks like Jx. Open-shoving the river makes your hand look like a flush, unless he can't fold Jx i'd advise against it, you're turning your hand into a bluff against tags. Even shoving over his bet makes you look too damn strong for your own good, imo taking the showdown for the price he set is the best way to end this hand.

Hope it helps.