[NL2-NL10] Very difficult fold... or is it?

• Falco84
      Falco84
      Bronze
      The villain as you can see is a very tight player. So given the stats and everything... What should I have done, or i've done everything i could?

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $5,00
      Hero:
      $6,32

0,02/0,04 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with T:club: , T:diamond:
      MP2 folds, Hero raises to $0,16, 2 folds, SB calls $0,14, BB folds.

Flop: ($0,36) K:heart: , 5:heart: , T:spade: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0,24, SB calls $0,24.

Turn: ($0,84) A:heart: (2 players)
      SB bets $0,76, Hero calls $0,76.

River: ($2,36) 6:heart: (2 players)
      SB bets $1,00, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $3,36
  • 7 replies
    • tcs35
      tcs35
      Bronze
      Raise on the turn
    • shanshichi
      shanshichi
      Bronze
      poor play , conti-bet maybe more , raise the turn :f_biggrin:
    • Marky84
      Marky84
      Bronze
      i'd also bet more on flop, given his AF i r/c turn for 100BB
    • Mstlc
      Mstlc
      Bronze
      Pot bet the flop but I think I'm calling the turn to and hope for the board to pair up on the river. Pretty much every draw hit... & QJ completed their straight. Very nasty turn card.
    • rickydaprince
      rickydaprince
      Bronze
      I think flop bet is just about ok... calling turn is definitely fine.. I wouldn't raise here... you should actually call the river. I would do this because it's a weak bet and you might even gain very valuable info on his play.
    • kosmonaut111
      kosmonaut111
      Bronze
      You coud bet fop more, but it isnt necessary.
      On turn I woud put it in, athough flush is possibe. His stats are so tight that there cant be many flushes that hit now. only QJ of hearts. More often he hit here his AQ, AJ with a heart.
      Riverbet is not so weak, more like milking - he has there often AxQh or AxJh. But his AF is high, so calling is an option, but I would prefer fold here.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Your line is fine.

Raise/calling the turn seems a bit spewy unless you're confident he would have raised a flushdraw on the flop, which he likely would have given his AF, so it's fine too.

The river call is pretty marginal getting those odds, he could be blockbetting some worse hands like AK/AT or maybe QJ that beat you, making a cheap bluff on a 4-flushed board if he was ever bluffing until the river, or milking you with a flush. I'd probably end up calling if he was a reg i saw at the tables often since the showdown would tell you quite a bit about how he plays the game, but folding is fine.

Hope it helps.