Stack
      BB:
      $6.05
      Hero:
      $9.55
      MP1:
      $8.00

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG1 with A:club: , K:spade:
      Hero raises to $0.40, UTG2 folds, MP1 calls $0.40, 5 folds, BB calls $0.30.

Flop: ($1.25) K:heart: , 8:diamond: , 8:spade: (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.80, MP1 raises to $2.40, 2 folds, MP1 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $2.85
      since the pair was paired he could ahve easilly thought i was bluffing and so decided to raise. i didnt really want the hassle and so jsut folded the hand is that a right or wrong decision?
  • 7 replies
    • rickydaprince
      rickydaprince
      Bronze
      I think it's completely fine.
    • Gabinr1
      Gabinr1
      Bronze
      Could be a bluff.

He calls your raise from MP1, so he has a wide range, but a very small part of it consists of a 8. If he had pocket 8s, then I don't think he would scare you on the flop + he has position on you.

And there is no draw there. Most probably had a KQs or something like that IMO. But nevertheless a 8 it is always a possibility.

Here I would 3 bet to $7 (or shove). If he has a 8 then it's a cooler.
    • feedfest
      feedfest
      Bronze
      I would also raise here. I wouldn't put him on an 8 very often. I think he'd raise you there with things like 10 10, jj, and qq. what does equilator say about it?
    • elco49
      elco49
      Bronze
      I would fold.
    • dingdeng
      dingdeng
      Bronze
      I would call here~

If he got an 8, the flop is dry~~~~~It's not necessary for him to reraise here if he really want your money
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      - If you don't want to go all in with this hand you can c/c dry flop, turn, etc...
      - Would you raise your trips in this spot if you were him? Would he? How many times in a session do you hit trips? Its very rare imo.
      - He looks passive but his stats dont mean much because of tiny sample.
      - Its more probable he has a K or pp than an 8.
      - When you bet this scary flop, many small pp will fold, so maybe you can c/c for more value since its dry.(You want worse to call, not fold).
      - When you c/c you let him bluff at you. Sometimes he will have the 8 but most times he wont.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I would always c-bet this against such a player, he looks very loose passive, he's likely to call you down with any Kx so getting the money in there is a priority.

When he raises, either you think he can raise worse hands for value / bluffs in that spot, in which case your best play is to simply call in position and let him continue to valuebet/bluff into you instead of blowing him off everything you beat with a 3bet, or you think he's too tight to be messing around, in which case folding the flop is fine.

Hope it helps.