$10.31
      BB(Hero):
      $5.42
      UTG1:
      $5.92
      UTG2:
      $1.00

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q, 9.
      5 folds, CO calls $0.05, BU folds, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.1) 9, 3, Q (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.25, CO calls $0.25.

Turn: ($0.6) 5 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.50, CO calls $0.50.

River: ($1.6) 8 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.90, Hero calls $0.90.

Final Pot: $3.4.
  • 4 replies
    • elco49
      elco49
      Bronze
      flop: bet less
      river: bet/fold

I would check/call or check/fold if it was nl10 and villain had a big stack.
    • Cpwpoker
      Cpwpoker
      Bronze
      Snif wanted to scared him xD

Thanks will remember the last line bet fold on the river but if i have bet on the river would have bet 1$ xD i would have lost more lol.
    • rickydaprince
      rickydaprince
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Cpwpoker
      Snif wanted to scared him xD

Thanks will remember the last line bet fold on the river but if i have bet on the river would have bet 1$ xD i would have lost more lol.
      The reason why you bet/fold if because it acts as a blockbet and will reduce the time you get bluffed out of pots.

You should pot the flop, pot turn, bet/fold river with 1/2 pot size bet or call a min raise or something.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I'm fine with overbetting the flop if you think he is going to call anyway, you have a very good hand and there are some draws out there, charging him extra is good.

The river is probably one of the worst cards for you, completing both JT and heart draws. Still you know nothing about him and he could very well have Qx in that spot, but if he has a straight or a flush he's going to raise the river (maybe just call with a straight being scared of the flush), so you can get value from Qx by betting and still fold to a raise with confidence that you made the correct play.

Since you had no problem check/calling $0.9 regardless of the fact that his betting range when you check to him is stronger than the range he'd call a bet from you with, just bet/fold that amount yourself and you'll have taken a better line while putting the same amount of money in the pot.

Hope it helps.