Another what-site-to-choose thread

• Berzerger
      Berzerger
      Bronze
      I'm looking for a new platform to bonuswhore for a few months as I'm moving away from Cake in October. But, as many before me, I'm not sure yet which platform to choose. And whom better to ask than the beloved community over at the PS forum? Eventually the choice is up to me, but it would be healthy to hear some opinions from other players. About myself, I'm a NL50FR BSS grinder, usually 12-16 tables. My 2nd game is SnG, so a platform with somewhat decent SnG traffic would be nice. Unlike goddamn Cake...

I've already played at Titan, Mansion, Cake and Stars, and by that I mean I deposited there, so I won't get a FDB on those anymore. I've been looking to moving to FT for quite a while, large site and rakeback, but it's likely to become my main platform once I finish up with the smaller ones, so I'll leave it for last. Now, my choices are:

Everest Poker
      pros: supposedly lots of fish, decent traffic
      cons: no RB, SnG traffic not much better than Cake

Pacific Poker
      pros: lots of fish
      cons: no RB, bad cash game traffic

Bwin Poker
      pros: supposedly lots of fish, decent traffic (cash/SnG)
      cons: no RB

PartyPoker
      pros: good traffic
      cons: no RB, supposedly tight players and poor SnG traffic

I'll be looking into other sites like PokerHeaven, InterPoker, etc. in the meantime, but the platforms above are my main consideration right now. If you noticed anything incorrect or incomplete in my observations about the sites, feel free to correct me, I'd appreciate it very much.
  • 9 replies
    • babybooh
      babybooh
      Bronze
      Not to open another thread maybe someone can answer these for me :)

Originally posted by babybooh
      Hey, I have a couple of questions about betfair since I may be moving there

Is this the the current skin @ betfair :

How much rake u must generate in order to get that XXRB ?

Is there a limit to the number of tables you can open, if so - what is it?

Can you deposit/withdraw via debit card, namely Visa ?

Can you use HEM/PT/elephant there?

Another thing I just thought of, are the tourneys played according to Europe time like 1800 CET ?
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi babybooh,

I've changed your link into a picture image as the link is one that isn't allowed in the forum, hope you understand.

Re your question, I'm afraid I don't play at betfair so will leave other members more qualified to answer for you.
      This PokerStrategy link may however be helpful to you:

Best regards,

Bart

P.S. Please try not to hijack others threads, it's always best to start a new thread for a completely unrelated topic. Many thanks.
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi Berzerger,

I was just about to suggest Full Tilt to you, but just re-read and saw your reasoning of moving to them later on which makes sense.

Of your list, I only have experience of Pacific and Party and tend to agree with all your existing comments for these. Party tend to have a higher tournament/sng fee at the lower levels than most other platforms in my experience.

Sorry I cannot help at this stage, however I'm sure that others will be able to.

Best regards,

Bart
    • Berzerger
      Berzerger
      Bronze
      Boss Media caught my eye recently, and I decided to give either InterPoker or PokerHeaven a try. They both got RB and large FDB, and from what I've seen lots of fish. Bwin is still a nice alternative, so I'll keep it in consideration. However, I still don't know whether InterPoker offers RB on top of the FDB or not. If so, it's my primary platform of choice with a whopping total of 60% effective RB. Sending an email to their support to verify...
    • NickParkes
      NickParkes
      Bronze
      Hi Berzerger...

I believe party's reward system does have a rakeback reward which seems OK... but why not bet365 which is an Ipoker platform, seeing as you are familiar with iPoker already? which SNG limits are you playing? What about stars and their new $600 FDB?
    • Berzerger
      Berzerger
      Bronze
      I glanced at Bet365's rewards program, but it didn't appeal to me much. Good cash bonuses take a lot of volume, and I'm not planning on staying longer than necessary to clear the FDB. Same goes for Party, plus I've read quite a disturbing thread about their advertisement and its (lack of) credibility. Oh, and I already have a roll on Stars, it's just not tracked and most likely never will be... I'm currently playing $22-$33 FR STT SnG/DoN.
    • JuiceQuadre
      JuiceQuadre
      Bronze
      Hi.. =)

Iv not played at many sites yet, but i agree with most of ur thoughts in this thread.

I just want to point out, that at Everest there is probably the most easiest FDB to clear. Iv been there and cleared it at NL10.

At NL50 you would need just ~13000 hands to clear the 300$.

So before you move to another site, you might consider just moving to Everest, clear the bonus and get out in no time =)

Good luck =)
    • Berzerger
      Berzerger
      Bronze
      Just did the math for Everest, and I hope I'm wrong. If I want to clear the $1000 bonus, I need to collect a total of 15,000 Everest Points. Their site says that on NL50FR they award me with 1 point for every $1,00 I rake. So I need to rake up $15,000 to get $1,000? That's less than 7% RB, neglecting the fact that they cap the maximum of SP at 3 per hand... I'll post this in the Everest subforum for confirmation.

Got a reply from InterPoker support, and I'm pretty glad to know that FDB and rakeback are indeed combinable. I'm withdrawing my Cake roll in two days, after I get my RB. Then it's off to a new platform, probably InterPoker unless I find out I made a miscalculation with Everest.
    • JuiceQuadre
      JuiceQuadre
      Bronze
      Im pretty sure thats not correct...
      If you use this:

http://www.everestpoker.com/en/vip/calculator

Ull see that to make 15000 points you need to playe about 45000 hands on NL50 FR.

They in fact reward you with 1 point for every 1$ raked on ur table i think... Not just ur rake.