mtt to bss

• tigerace999
      tigerace999
      Bronze
      hello every body

hi i would like some advice i am currently playing 180 man 2.20 mtt turbos on stars and have managed to build my bankroll up to 500$,the only problem is that these tourneys become complete donkaments at the w-end.
      So i was wondering if i should switch to nl 5/10 BSS or 10/25nl BSS just for the w-ends (my goal is to play the 7.70 turbos)played a couple already so much less donks but don't want to break B.R.M.
      I do not have much cash table experience, played sss for a while but boredom got the best of me.
      any encouraging advice will be much appreciated. :)
  • 8 replies
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      Hello tigerace999,

Switching from MTT's to BSS might be quite hard. You said you play Turbo MTT's so most of your poker will be shoving preflop. BSS requires post flop skills, so at first you may find it hard. However if you read all our strategy articles on BSS then it will help you understand more.

I would advise at first you play NL5/10 BSS as this way you can get a good feeling for value betting. I play NL25 SH on stars and i find its a little tougher than NL10 ;) Once you get your roll to 25-30 BIs then maybe you could have a shot at NL25 and see how it goes ;) BRM though can be a completely personal thing, its just about having the discipline to be able to move back down/up.

Finally even though you say at weekends it becomes a donkament (and by this u mean loads of fish and bad players) this should be helpful to you. Bad Players = Less variance as the edges your are shoving should be wider ;)

Good luck and best regards,

-Jack
    • shortfuse
      shortfuse
      Bronze
      Originally posted by kingdippy2008
      Hello tigerace999,

Switching from MTT's to BSS might be quite hard. You said you play Turbo MTT's so most of your poker will be shoving preflop. BSS require post flop skills so at first you may find it hard. However if you read all our strategy articles on BSS then it will help you understand more.

I would advise at first you play NL5/10 BSS as this way you can get a good feeling for value betting. I play NL25 SH on stars and i find its a little tougher than NL10 ;) Once you get your roll to 25-30 BIs then maybe you could have a shot at NL25 and see how it goes ;) BRM though can be a completely personal thing, its just about having the discipline to be able to move back down/up.

Finally even though you say at weekends it becomes a donkament (and by this u mean loads of fish and bad players) this should be helpful to you. Bad Players = Less variance as the edges your are shoving should be wider ;)

-Jack
      lol
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      Originally posted by shortfuse
      Originally posted by kingdippy2008
      Hello tigerace999,

Switching from MTT's to BSS might be quite hard. You said you play Turbo MTT's so most of your poker will be shoving preflop. BSS require post flop skills so at first you may find it hard. However if you read all our strategy articles on BSS then it will help you understand more.

-Jack
      lol
      Are you lol'in at me missing an s on requires? ^^

Sorry, will change it :) Oh an i wasnt trying to say that tigerace doesnt have Post flop skills, however it is likely for a turbo MTT player not to have them :)

-Jack
    • tigerace999
      tigerace999
      Bronze
      [img]http://[/img] hi kingdippy

hi kingdippy thanks for the reply cool i follow your blogs and eaglestars and justkyle88 ? wish i had texas grab em cause the beats were bad y-day mp2 raises 3bbs on 75/150blinds(already worked him out to be big fish) he has 4000 chips i call (on button)i have 800 chips everbody else folds.flop 2 5 10 rainbow mp2 bets 750 i'm all in feeling pot commited .fish shows 10 3o i show KQs ,fish takes pot maybe i was the fish ?

Anyways b4 your reply i checked out all the articles BSS (BRONZE) this morning, printed out the starting hands and odds and outs chart, went for a bike ride to let it all settle in ,came home checked for replys (none) So decided i was gonna play anyways choose to play 10/25nl (scared too many fish on 5/10) choose a table with 28% flop and average 4$ pot .only thing i didn't respect was the buy in, bought in for 15$ instead of 25$ .

so what was the outcome? ha ha played just one table to concentrate 100% (roughly for 2hrs) and came off the table with a 26.30$ profit :f_biggrin:

I don't have any charts or anything was going to send screenshot but can't work out how (i'm just a fish )lol
    • tigerace999
      tigerace999
      Bronze
      Originally posted by tigerace999
      [img]http://[/img] hi kingdippy

hi kingdippy thanks for the reply cool i follow your blogs and eaglestars and justkyle88 ? wish i had texas grab em cause the beats were bad y-day mp2 raises 3bbs on 75/150blinds(already worked him out to be big fish) he has 4000 chips i call (on button)i have 800 chips everbody else folds.flop 2 5 10 rainbow mp2 bets 750 i'm all in feeling pot commited .fish shows 10 3o i show KQs ,fish takes pot maybe i was the fish ?

Anyways b4 your reply i checked out all the articles BSS (BRONZE) this morning, printed out the starting hands and odds and outs chart, went for a bike ride to let it all settle in ,came home checked for replys (none) So decided i was gonna play anyways choose to play 10/25nl (scared too many fish on 5/10) choose a table with 28% flop and average 4$ pot .only thing i didn't respect was the buy in, bought in for 15$ instead of 25$ .

so what was the outcome? ha ha played just one table to concentrate 100% (roughly for 2hrs) and came off the table with a 26.30$ profit :f_biggrin:

I don't have any charts or anything was going to send screenshot but can't work out how (i'm just a fish )lol
      it's not because i got AA that i'm going all in. :f_biggrin:
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      this turbo multitable sngs are just awesome to bankroll build. they're huge fishtanks I would advice you to stick to them if your goal is playing the $7s. It will probably take less time to get rolled for them and you improve your skills to own the fish at the $7s (yeah, they're also full of fish)

but it really depends in what you like the best
    • shortfuse
      shortfuse
      Bronze
      I was loling at the fact that MTT players don't have skills ;)
    • tigerace999
      tigerace999
      Bronze
      Originally posted by shortfuse
      I was loling at the fact that MTT players don't have skills ;)
      skills are worth shit on micro limits, LOL,