Help me to decide what book to buy

• Sinnology
      Sinnology
      Global
      Hellow friends.
      Today I ve earned some money and I decided to invest it back into buying a book.
      Since I dont have too big bankrol fro now I decided to buy just one, and I dont know which one.
      I am in between two which I think I cant miss with:

1. Phill Gordons :Little green book
      2. Full Tilt poker Strategy Guide for torunaments.

I feel need to mention, that I play only SNG, so second one may be better choice.

What do you think?

Regards
  • 9 replies
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Both suck?
      But if you need to choose between these two then i think green book is for cash games if i remember correctly.
    • Sinnology
      Sinnology
      Global
      Thx for that info!
      Can you than suggest me a good book for SNGs?
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Well i don't play SNG's so not sure what good books about SNG's are in market.. But IMO there is enough material here on PS about how to beat sit and gos (vids, articles, icm trainer).

If you rly want to read a good poker book i'd recommend "The poker mindset" it's a book about psychological side of poker: dealing with tilt, downswings, teaches you decisions oriented thinking instead of results oriented one etc rly good book and all players would benefit from reading it imo.
    • Sinnology
      Sinnology
      Global
      I have those in PDF, will be my next poker book to read.

THx

If someone else have any other idea, just shoot.
    • Skeat
      Skeat
      Bronze
      Harrington on Holdem and Kill Everyone are usually recommended for SnGs.
      Didn't have time to read them until now, but I read that Kill Everyone from Colin Moshman is written mostly for online SnGs.
    • NickParkes
      NickParkes
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Skeat
      Harrington on Holdem and Kill Everyone are usually recommended for SnGs.
      Didn't have time to read them until now, but I read that Kill Everyone from Colin Moshman is written mostly for online SnGs.
      Kill everyone is not by Moshman, it's by Lee Nelson and others... I am reading it at the moment :D But I must agree with others that make sure you are well versed in PS's articles as they will teach you what you need to know... Kill Everyone seems to be a book that'll take the explanations of the theory PS teaches you and go into to more detail with the maths and technical stuff...

IMO if you want the most out of poker books, read the psychology ones! My next book to read is The Poker Mindset by Ian Taylor and Matthew Hilger and then Tommy Angleo's Elements of Poker...
    • Skeat
      Skeat
      Bronze
      My mistake, thought about this book from Moshman: Sit 'n Go Strategy: Expert Advice for Beating One-Table Poker Tournaments.
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      My mistake, thought about this book from Moshman: Sit 'n Go Strategy: Expert Advice for Beating One-Table Poker Tournaments.
      This book is very good, but it probably won't teach you anything that isn't covered in a PS.com strategy article.
    • hepcat
      hepcat
      Bronze
      Originally posted by tokyoaces
      This book is very good, but it probably won't teach you anything that isn't covered in a PS.com strategy article.
      I have that book and it's good but as you say pretty much everything is covered in PS articles.