This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl5 - Jj

• kudzis
      kudzis
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $4.70
      MP3:
      $5.00
      CO:
      $0.59
      BU:
      $2.76

0.02/0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG1 with J:spade: , J:diamond:
      Hero raises to $0.20, 3 folds, MP3 calls $0.20, CO calls $0.20, BU calls $0.20, 2 folds.

Flop: ($0.87) 8:diamond: , 4:heart: , K:club: (4 players)
      Hero bets $0.87, MP3 raises to $1.74, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.87.

Turn: ($4.35) 7:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $2.80, Hero folds, MP3 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $4.35

Did i played flop and turn well?
  • 3 replies
    • dingdeng
      dingdeng
      Bronze
      I think it's not good to make a cbet here,we got 3 limpers,one of which possiblely got a K, or maybe worse,someone already got 44,88
    • thedahl
      thedahl
      Bronze
      Flop: don't, conti bet - fold to raise.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Board is so dry that i think a c-bet is still okay in that spot, MP3/BU seem like okayish tight fit-or-fold guys and will probably give you credit for Kx there when you bet into the fish, unless they hit top pair or a set, and CO is perfectly capable of calling you twice with 8x. It makes the hand easier to play unless you're fine with c/folding it, which will seem weak to most people. If you do bet tho, you don't need to make it full pot on such a board, 2/3 to 3/4 will do just fine.

When tightish MP3 minraises your pot bet into 3 players you're toast, out of position with no reasonable chance of ever seeing a showdown, just fold it. And as played obviously fold the turn, that's 88/44 almost always, at the very least Kx and you have 2-outs.

Hope it helps.