Short stacks on micro limits

• JazzyJasper
      JazzyJasper
      Bronze
      Does the amount of shortstack players on the microlimits (NL5) in FTP bother anyone else than me? Or does anyone like it?

Sometimes I can search on and on for a table with maybe 5 full or semi-full stacks. Most of the time when u've done a couple of rounds it's again down to 3 or 4.

Therefore I started playing deep tables with half a stack, because generally ppl there just buy in for half a stack not counting some 10$ full stacks.

It seems like the deep tables are actually normal NL5 full stack tables, but today with Happy Hour even the deep tables were flooded by shortstacks!

Anyone else has a opinion about this? What do you do when faced with a LOT of shortstacks on the tables when u're playing BSS?
  • 2 replies
    • Anssi
      Anssi
      Black
      You should switch to shortstack as well if there are a lot shortstacks in table, that way you don't get trapped in pot with both short and full stack. Of course, you should adapt your play style a little (steal more, average short stack is way too tight and won't protect his blind if he plays with SSS strategy.)
    • Cpwpoker
      Cpwpoker
      Bronze
      you should search well there is a lot of table with at least 6 4$ just put your name on waiting list xD