This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL200, QQ, doublestack

• burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$1/$2 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      UTG2:
      $429.10
      MP1(Hero):
      $74.00
      MP2:
      $116.30
      MP3:
      $222.15
      CO:
      $29.00
      BU:
      $46.00
      SB:
      $85.05
      BB:
      $213.65

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Q, Q.
      UTG2 folds, Hero raises to $7.00, 4 folds, SB calls $6.00, BB folds.

Flop: ($16) 8, J, T (2 players)
      SB bets $6.00, Hero raises to $20.00, SB calls $14.00.

Turn: ($56) 7 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($56) T (2 players)
      SB bets $58.05(All-In), Hero folds, SB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $56.

Villain's stats are:

VPIP: 31
      PFR: 10
      Donkbet: 25
      AF: 2.9
      River AF: 7.5
      W$@SD: 42
      WTS: 29
      Fold2Cbet: 60
      Hands: 437

Villain looks quite fishy. The flop seems quite obvious on such a draw heavy board and I would be happy to stick it all-in on the flop, but he decides to call. On the turn there's 1 card straight possible, so I wasn't sure whether I could valuebet here or not, I didn't see many worse hands calling, maybe a Jx or FD, but is this realistic? I decided to check behind, since I already showed strength on the flop, so I don't think he will continue with Jx. On the river, the only hand I see him shoving that I beat is busted FD, so I don't think I can call.

Looking back at the hand I think I should've shoved turn, but want some second opinions.
  • 5 replies
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      Hey Burek, I also think you should shove Turn because you really can't give away free cards on such a board, you have to stick it in for protection/value. His range is still pretty wide there imo, and you've got only pot-size stack left.
    • drachdudek
      drachdudek
      Bronze
      Originally posted by dandycal
      Hey Burek, I also think you should shove Turn because you really can't give away free cards on such a board, you have to stick it in for protection/value. His range is still pretty wide there imo, and you've got only pot-size stack left.
      +1 and also you would protect against "T" which came and which probably gave him a tris....
    • goldflair03
      goldflair03
      Bronze
      i also prefering shoving the turn.
      he will call combo-draws,TP's and sometimes the fd.
      there are also so much cards that u dont wanna see on the river ( and the T was one of less worser one's), espacially against such an aggressive opponent.

i also think that u've got a call here as u need 33% and he's able to bluffshove here.
    • snotboogie
      snotboogie
      Bronze
      I like raising such a flop a little bigger, esp. with that stack, sth like 22-24 he will still be calling with about the same range, which should be pretty wide on this flop.
      On the Turn you want to get value out of the FDs/SDs/TPs and combodraws --> shove turn.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      I would raise to $22 Burek and shove the Turn because your line doesn't really make sense, you have to protect against double FD (he doesn't call you with only a SD, he does this with more) and to get value because you are committing him and you on the Turn with your raise :)

- Gerv