This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL2 FR: AJ (new to BSS)

• Skeat
      Skeat
      Bronze
      PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (8 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

UTG+1 ($1.42)
      MP1 ($2.19)
      MP2 ($4.76)
      Hero (CO) ($2.02)
      Button ($1.63)
      SB ($4.98)
      BB ($12.37)
      UTG ($2.32)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A, J
      1 fold, UTG+1 calls $0.02, MP1 calls $0.02, 1 fold, Hero bets $0.12, 3 folds, UTG+1 calls $0.10, MP1 calls $0.10

Flop: ($0.39) 3, J, 4 (3 players)
      UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, Hero bets $0.26, UTG+1 calls $0.26, 1 fold

Turn: ($0.91) 7 (2 players)
      UTG+1 checks, Hero checks

River: ($0.91) 9 (2 players)
      UTG+1 bets $0.10, Hero raises to $0.60, UTG+1 raises to $1.04 (All-In), Hero calls $0.44

Total pot: $2.99 | Rake: $0.10

I was going for the flop->bet, turn->check, river->call thing.
      Should I bet on the turn? As he called on the flop, I thought he was chasing a flush draw, although he didn't have the pot odds to do so (maybe implied pot odds), so once the spade came on the turn, I didn't want to give him the opportunity to check/raise.
      And on the river, should I have just called?
  • 3 replies
    • rickydaprince
      rickydaprince
      Bronze
      Your river play is very bad.

Flop is fine. I would bet turn aswell.. .around $0.70. Flat calling river.
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      hey Skeat,

Imo bet more on flop. something like 30-35c.

Bet again on the turn, you now have TPTK and nut flush draw.

and on the river, I'm just calling his min bet.

Regards,

Kyle.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I'm bet/calling the turn with the nut redraw against a guy with 70bb. I doubt he's folding a J, he might jam a worse redraw etc.

As played, the river is either a blocking bet or an inducer. Which means unless you think he would try to induce action with a worse hand than yours (like he has KJ there and wants to suckbet/shove it), you will be committed with a bluff-catcher when he shoves. Depending on how often you think he's blockbetting, with what hands, and whether he's capable of calling a small valueraise with those hands, it's fine to either just call and play it safe, or make a valueraise and accept to call it off bad when he happens to have a better hand.

If i do raise the river tho, i'd likely make it smaller to ensure that 1/ worse hands can call without basically getting all-in 2/ it looks like (to him) he still has some fold equity by shoving some random bluff. Maybe $0.45-$0.5.

Hope it helps.