SSS deposit/withdrawal

• loop2troop
      loop2troop
      Bronze
      Hi there,

I am thinking of depositing money to my account so that I will play higher limit and the time I spend playing will be rewarded properly.

My worry is that I would loose much of the possible experience that can be gained by going up the the limits.

Would you advise to go up with experience and wait, or jump the limits?

In few months I will require some money therefore I am thinking of making some money through poker, but If this would take away a lot of experience, I would have to find a part time job to cover the cost. On the other hand the part time job would take away from time dedicated to poker. What are your opinion? How much should I deposit to be able to withdraw aprox. 300$ a month after 4 months of playing?

Thank you for everything :)
  • 5 replies
    • lennonac
      lennonac
      Global
      I think this will be a massive mistake, skipping the odd limit I dont realy have a problem with but if you are not an experienced player I would work your way up, there are huge differences and obviously the players are better, you need to be able to spot the fish at the higher levels and these fish will be alot better players than the lower limits.
      I think it is important to play all limits on your way up as you will get experience dealing with different types of fish and thier tendencies. This is very important as at higher limits the fish may have only one or two leaks, you need to be able to spot these.
    • Frakkk
      Frakkk
      Bronze
      The main problem with your approach is not about experience, but money. You should not play poker to make money in the first place, and especially not jumping through the limits. One of the most important things to keep in mind: Don't play poker if you cannot afford to loose the money you play with. My advice is to get a job, make the money the safe way, then consider playing poker for fun, and to learn and get better. Money will come, don't force it.
    • Meiffert
      Meiffert
      Bronze
      The problem is: Why do you think that you can actually win at the higher limits?
      I don't think that your plan is a good idea because of this. If you deposit and start playing higher limit, you can run into trouble, loose a lot more in a short time than you were used to and loose your confidence. Also you might not be able to beat the limit at all and it's difficult to realise that.

Originally posted by loop2troop
      How much should I deposit to be able to withdraw aprox. 300$ a month after 4 months of playing?
      This goal can be achieved without depositing (or you can deposit like $100 if you don't have any money in your bankroll right now).
      With 50-100 starting money you can build the bankroll up so that after 4 months you will be winning more than $300 a month.
      You just have to give your time into it and work on your game.
    • loop2troop
      loop2troop
      Bronze
      Thank you for your advices.

lennonac-> your argument about the tougher fishes is really great. One of the main reasons why I will go up the limits hard way. :P

Frakkk -> I would deposit money I can loose. And I play to expect positive return on the money as well as have fun. I believe there is no player that plays to loose money. When you think and plan the game in advance than you are focusing on making money. The fact that I enjoy tinkering ranges in equilator is to my benefit. People who play to have fun and try their chances are gambling.

Meiffert -> Congratulations to your diamond status plus thank you that you responded to every question I had. Although I did not have so many of them I am adding you to my buddy list. :)

I do not know if i would be able to crush the limits, but I thought I is worth a try. Another reason I wanted to try is the first deposit bonus at pokerstars that could give me time to accommodate me on the limit.

The main point is that when I decide to work I will not be able to put 4+ hours into the game (except weekend) as I will be working or studying.

All in all I have decided to go up the limits.Thank you guys and see you at the tables! ;)
    • Frakkk
      Frakkk
      Bronze
      Of course everyone expects positive return and noone plays to loose:) All I'm saying is don't build and plan on profits from poker. Even when you play 100% correct, you can hit a downswing and loose it. If you can afford to loose the money you deposit, and you can afford to loose the time you play poker instead of steadily working for it, then by all means play! From your first post I figured that it is a must for you to make that money. I wish you all the best and keep us posted on how you do!