This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

9 man sng, first hand KK

• 8 replies
    • wasy8
      wasy8
      Black
      KK call
      AK fold
    • lennonac
      lennonac
      Global
      Hello, if you put it into the Equilator giving the two allins a wide range of TT+ AQo+ you only get around 54% equity and to be all in early you need 60+, and that is with KK so AKs is a fold also.

The only time I would get it in here is if you have notes on one of the players saying he shoves very lite early in a sit n go
    • NickParkes
      NickParkes
      Bronze
      It depends a lot on the BI... at lower limits players can ship it and call much wider than than TT+, AQo... so I call KK, almost always...
    • Atoks
      Atoks
      Bronze
      Heh I understand ur dilemma. Always sux to bust out on the first hand. I agree with what Nick said tho, if the buyin isn't too high I ship it as well. Won't be happy calling into two all ins but hey ...
    • Meiffert
      Meiffert
      Bronze
      Originally posted by lennonac
      Hello, if you put it into the Equilator giving the two allins a wide range of TT+ AQo+ you only get around 54% equity and to be all in early you need 60+
      Why?
      I counted 9handed SNG with 1500 starting stacks and blinds 10/20 on first level.
      If you fold, you have 1420 chips and ICM says that it gives you 10.864 % of total prize pool.
      If you call and win, you have 27.886 % of total prize pool.

Therefore you need to win with probability 10.864/27.886 = 0.3896, which is 39 % equity. I have no idea where you found your 60 %.

With AKs you should fold, but KK is a call given the handranges AQ+, TT+.
    • lennonac
      lennonac
      Global
      Originally posted by NickParkes
      It depends a lot on the BI... at lower limits players can ship it and call much wider than than TT+, AQo... so I call KK, almost always...
      I agree the ranges will often be wider, but my thoughts on this at least one of them will almost always have a tighter range. That being said I dont think I could chuck KK, I had a hand on the bubble recently where I had AK with a decent stack but the chip lead shoved. The small stack had like 400 chips, you dont want to fold but sometimes you know you must.

I think this KK is much the same you know that "Most" of the time you should fold, I doubt anyone will though
    • lennonac
      lennonac
      Global
      Originally posted by Meiffert
      Originally posted by lennonac
      Hello, if you put it into the Equilator giving the two allins a wide range of TT+ AQo+ you only get around 54% equity and to be all in early you need 60+
      Why?
      I counted 9handed SNG with 1500 starting stacks and blinds 10/20 on first level.
      If you fold, you have 1420 chips and ICM says that it gives you 10.864 % of total prize pool.
      If you call and win, you have 27.886 % of total prize pool.

Therefore you need to win with probability 10.864/27.886 = 0.3896, which is 39 % equity. I have no idea where you found your 60 %.

With AKs you should fold, but KK is a call given the handranges AQ+, TT+.

trippling up early with give you 25.5% of the prizepool

Ok so you dont need 60% as it is 3 way, I over looked that, you need over 40% so yes it a call
    • lessthanthreee
      lessthanthreee
      Bronze
      fist-pump call on low limits.

ive seen some stupid things lol