h50n banging out cash games, bawwwss!

• h50n
      h50n
      Bronze
      Hi guys

Basically, ive been playing poker since about may on SnGs using information and the starting capital from poker stratergy, from this i've made just over 500$ but that took alot of playing on $1+20 9man sngs on pokerstars. Now word is on the streets is that cash games is where the money is at. So I started playing nl2 which i was resonably okay at, then moved up to nl5, which was okay and now im playing NL10.

this is a graph of my overall progress over the past 2 weeks

NL10 starts at about 6,000 hands.

At around 7360 hands I hit a real string of bad luck i a full house of aces by the turn only toget beaten by quads on the river in one hand, the very next hand my 3 of a kind got beaten by a 3 of a kind with a higher kicker. In both of which I was all in, so lost 2 stacks in those cases. After this combo I was on tilt and continued to play when I should have stopped and sothe rest of those losses in that downswing was entirely my fault, so i wont be doing that again, but hey its alll part of the learning experience. After coooling off I made reasonable progress but still with large swings.

are these kind of swings normal for a beginner?

So anyways I will be working my way up the limits at least to nl100 i obviously want to go higher to like NL1000 but for now i willl focus on more short term goals, then when i reach those, i will then set myself bigger targets.

so for now my imediate aim is:

build up my bankroll to $2500 in order to play nl100

my current backroll after taking out bits and bobs and just being a silly boy and losing a couple of tournaments i played with too high buy ins im down to $264.

now in order to reach nl100 obviously ive got to work through nl 25 and nl 50. so these are my shorter term goals

so my current aim is:

build my bankroll to $625 on nl10 in order to play nl25 in one month so by the 28th October

depending on how this goes i will set the timeframes for the other aims, becuase poker having a large element of variance, i do not want to end up setting unrealistic targets for myself that end up turning me into an AFPC(average fustrated poker chump) which is very -EV. And true say it is not about losing dinero evey day

so in order to reach my aims

I will read at least a new article and video on the site every day

Post my two biggest losing hands (In order to get feedback and get rid of them disgusting swings on my graph)

Give a report of how the days play has been, along with total profit

Post a weekly graph

Bawwwwsss H50N
  • 8 replies
    • superjunk
      superjunk
      Bronze
      build my bankroll to $500 on nl10 in order to play nl50 in one month so by the 28th October

Do you skip nl25 ?

Succes with your goals =)
    • h50n
      h50n
      Bronze
      thanks for pointing that out i changed it to make $625 during the same time period, makes it even harder now, but still it makes the challenge more fun
    • h50n
      h50n
      Bronze
      hi guys,

I've made a bad start to my nl10 blog already, the 1st day I had a series of bad beats, again bringing me to tilt and reducing my bank rol from $260 to $220 at which point I decided it was better for me to move back down to nll5 to rebuild my bankroll. after over an hour of grinding i made a profit of like $3 which was way to slow for my likings, so i decided to go back to SNGs where I can constantly bring in a profit. so after 2 days of banging out 3$ SnG's and obtaining $40 fpp bonus I managed to make $173.64 bringing my bankroll up to $393.64.

cash games have been doing my head in tbh so for now ive decided to go back to sngs to build my bankroll up to $1000, then I will give cash games a second bash (no homo).

new objective:
      bring bankroll to $1000 within 2 weeks from SNG's so by 15th October

It will be quite a challenge, but I think it is doable

go hard or go yard, bawwsssss
    • Kimber88
      Kimber88
      Bronze
      Good luck with you new goal :)

Hope your next shot at cash game will turn out better.
    • h50n
      h50n
      Bronze
      its been an okay day today made $44 profit bringing bankroll to $437.64 im sure I could have done alot better if I didnt get so many bad beats, today was realy ridiculos, the worst plays were getting rewarded with me getting knocked out in like 3rd place, but oh well its all part of the game.

After completeing a 100 block of tournamnets ive moved into 5th place on the pokerstars battle of the planets mars division, im sure i will slip downa few places, but hopefully i can stay in the top 10 so i can playing that $50,000 prizepool freeroll thing along with a nice juicy bonus to help me reach my $1000 target even quicker.

Now I feel that my SnG game has stepped up a level although i feel my heads up play is still abit weak at times, but i willl definatley keep working on it. Tommorow time to upgrade and move up to the $5 Sngs. From what ive heard the difference in skill level is not much different from 3$ so hopefully i can maintain the same succes rate and breeze through to $10 by the end of the week.

bankroll: $437.64

over and out
    • Kimber88
      Kimber88
      Bronze
      Do you play FR or 6max ? And turbo or non-turbo?
    • h50n
      h50n
      Bronze
      FR non turbo. I realised that my heads up game is in need of improvment, so im gonna play a whole load of heads up sngs to step my sng game up which should provide a nice boost to my overall roi%
    • h50n
      h50n
      Bronze
      my heads up skillls usually suck tbh, so i decided it was time to step them up a little, so i read this article (the heads up stratergy on this site isnt really complete) [B][EDIT] URL is not allowed ;) [EDIT][/B]
      and instantly started winning. I started off really good with $2 heads up sit and gos, ended up winning around 5/6 so I decided to play 5$ of which I won all the ones I played, at this point i was up around $40 or so. At this point i decided to give $5 sng a try and this is where disaster struck. the 1st session I played 6 tables ended up losing $10 then a second where i was constantly being punished by the poker gods and ended up losing about 15 or so, so I decided to give that a break for now. So after I played a few more heads up and more or less made back the profit that i had lost from the 9man SNGs.

tommorow im going to play another 15 3$ 9man sng then afteri will give $5 another shot.

Bankroll:
      $467.69