This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Betting size

• TheRebuz
      TheRebuz
      Black
      Hi,
      I want to post new thread about betting size in MTT.

So,

- How much do u guys open when u r first in 2,5x, 3x, 4x, 5x etc...? Do u change ur open raise with position?
      - How much do u raise when there r limpers before u ?
      - How much do u raise oop when u r in SB or BB when there are limpers?
      - 3bet how big is?
      - C/R how big is?
      - Cbet?
      - ???????

here we go..

- early levels in MTT i open 3xbb first in from any position ,
      if there is 1 limper in front of me i raise to 4,5xbb
      if there are 2+ limpers i raise to 5-6xbb
      never ever limp first in (i might limp first in early position, on agresiv table, if i got KK+ and i'm 100% sure that there are super agresiv guys behind me and they will raise me)
      - later when blinds get 75/150 i open raise 2,2-2,6xbb
      ex 75/150 - 400
      100/200 - 500
      150/300 - 700 etc
      -if there r limpers before me i raise 4,5 xbb for 1 limper (if there still players behind me to act) if i'm on btn or cu i raise 4xbb,
      2-3 limpers 5-5,5xbb (this depends of the table of course is it tight or loose and are they calling raises light)
      if there are 3-5 limpers, i raise only strong hands- qq+ AQs+, and i raise pot
      i limp with any other pocket 22-jj
      sometimes i limp (40% limp 60% fold) 45s-KQs, 56-KQ, 79s-KJs, AXs,KXs (this is in early stages of MTT in late i almoust never limp
      - oop in sb or bb I raise 3xbb+1bb for every limper, if there r limpers in.
      if I'm BB and sb complete i raise 3more bb (if i want to raise ofcourse)
      if i'm sb and is fold to me i fold 50%, complete blind 20%(and bet good flop) and raise 30% early levels,
      later when antes get in I fold 35%, complete 15% and raise 50% of time whne is fold to me.
      - when some 1 open raise and i want to 3 bet him i usualy raise 3,5x(in position) to 4-4,5(oop)xOR when blinds are bigger and antes are in.
      in early levels i raise 4-5xOR, if there is a raiser and flat caller i raise 4-5xOR in position, oop i raise pot
      - i check raise 3-4x bet, if bet is smaler than 3/5 pot i check raise 5-6xbet, i never min raise oop ( i do that with nuts on turn but not a min raise is more like 2,5bet if bet is more than 3/5 pot if bet is smaler i raise 5-6 times bet)
      in position i use that scary min raise sometimes, less than 10% of time (as bluf and with made hands also), but is not realy a min raise is 2,2-2,5x bet
      - I Cbet on flop in position 90%+ of time with 1-2 limpers and i bet 3/5-2/3 of pot, oop i Cbet 95%+ of time with 1-2 callers

WHAT ABOUT U???
  • 3 replies
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      I really like this thread, just posting so I can reply later.
    • budzior
      budzior
      Bronze
      Nice topic Reb :) and i reply later too because i have some work now.
    • budzior
      budzior
      Bronze
      Ok, budziors betting:

In early stages i open 3BB (10/20, 15/30... 50/100), with limper 4BB, with 2 limpers 5BB. I dont like limping first in but i do it with small pocket pairs - pretty standard.

In later stages i open 2,5BB (in latest stages i open 2,2-2,3BB), with limper 4BB, with 2 limpers 5BB, with more limpers i raise 3BB+1BB for limper with this range: TT+, AJs+

In SB first in i raise 3,5BB or higher, it depends... In BB i raise 3BB.

3betting - in position 3,5x, out of position 4,5x

checkraising - it depends so i dont want to write about that...

Cbet: It also depends but 90% is good amount... I bet 1/2-2/3 pot. On very scary board i raise 3/4 4/5 pot...