This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL2 steal with KJs?

• Oly0909
      Oly0909
      Bronze
      Known players:
      SB:
      $0,49
      Hero:
      $2,05
      UTG2:
      $0,80
      MP1:
      $2,42
      MP2:
      $1,42
      MP3:
      $1,71
      CO:
      $2,07
      BU:
      $1,79

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with K:club: , J:club:
      4 folds, CO calls $0,02, BU folds, SB calls $0,01, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0,06) 5:diamond: , 3:heart: , 5:heart: (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, CO bets $0,04, 2 folds, CO gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0,06

I thought to pot it and try to steal after SB checked. Stil, I've checked it, but I wont to know what do you think about it?
  • 2 replies
    • SheepMoose
      SheepMoose
      Bronze
      I think isolating is fine here. On that flop I might actually lead out as a bluff, it's a very hard board to hit and people can't really continue unless they have overpairs flushdraws or a random 5x type hand.

Mind you if I'm betting the flop I'm betting the turn as standard.
      Anyway, your play was fine but I think isolating needs to be considered here before we check.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Limps are weak by definition, and it is 100% ok to raise it up there with KJs, you'll take the pot down often or find yourself in a pot with a good top pair hand that most likely crushes these players' ranges for open limping.

Repop it to $0.10 or $0.12, and call a shove from the shorty SB since his line wouldn't make much sense at that point, except maybe "whatever, i'm tired of getting raised, i'm all-in".

Hope it helps.