$33,93
      BU:
      $1,50
      SB:
      $12,58
      BB(Hero):
      $12,49
      Preflop: Hero is BB with K,A.
      MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO raises $0,35, BU folds, SB folds, BB raises $1,20, CO calls $0,85

Flop: ($0) 8,6,4 (2 players)
      BB bets $2, CO raises $4, BB calls $2

Turn: ($0) 7 (2 players)
      BB checks, CO checks

River: ($0) J (2 players)
      BB checks, CO checks

He Had AJ

The the same 50\30 guy. (He often 3-4 bet with hands like 67s. Once he even called my 4-bet shove with T8o. Inspite of the fact that he plays a maniac style he is pretty competent. He plays something like NL400 style)

I've cbet here. He seems to exploit my cbet the best way it's possible at NL10 (first 3 times I really thought he had a monster because of the minraise). I know, my call is some sort of bad: I should have either check-raised or reraised to find out where I stand.

My question is mostly not about the particular hand but about such kind of situations in general: how should I play this hand OOP in such situation? When to cbet, when to check-raise? How can I find out the opp holding in such a situation? Some examples:
      1) I check-raise and get called and the K came on the turn. Do I have the best hand then?
      2) In situation 1 Imagine, this board had a flush draw which came on the turn. Could he have a set, a flush, TP or just overs?

I know it's not common for micros, but I'll definitely encounter more such players at higher stakes. So I need a way to deal with them :D

Thank you in advance.
  • 2 replies
    • SheepMoose
      SheepMoose
      Bronze
      I would call pre-flop instead of 3betting vs. this maniac. He's going to barrel a lot of ace and king high boards and wouldn't expect AK to be in your flatting range.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

If you flat call you'll miss and be forced to fold very often to such an aggressive opponent unless you're comfortable making thin calls or bluff raises with AK-high, which most people at nl10 aren't especially out of position. 3betting is easier, and overall probably better if he's calling a lot of 3bets.

On the flop since you're out of position c-betting is okay, tho on such a board where you're likely to get played back at a lot since it shouldn't hit your 3betting range very often, it's perfectly okay to just c/f. If he's playing back so often that you're ready to make a stand by "semi-bluffing" your 6-outer, check/raising is okay.

As for your questions

1) shove the K turn, he won't expect your to have Kx in that spot, so with the money already in the pot and the fact that you could just shove that "scarecard" as a bluff, he'll look your up with any top pair / overpair.

2) I think he's folding overs and mostly 3bet-shoving everything else for protection on a flushdraw board when you check/raise the flop, so you're rarely going to end up in that spot on the turn. If you do, i'd weight his range more toward average made hands, maybe a top pair waiting for a safe turn to go broke.

Hope it helps.